North Side Of Texoma Swimming Trip Yesterday Evening

danielp

I found this and 2 others the same size and also some smaller ones yesterday evening around kingston oklahoma when me and my girlfriend went swimming. Anyone know what species this is? I put it on top of a cd to show its size.

post-1942-1248623897_thumb.jpg

post-1942-1248624030_thumb.jpg

Daniel,that's a very nice Echie.Makes the ones we found yesterday look like rejects.Nice find

Daniel,that's a very nice Echie.Makes the ones we found yesterday look like rejects.Nice find

You ever make it up this way give me a shout. went to the same spot today to actually look around and found tons of them out there. was finding them in roups of 5 in some spots. picked up a few but left most. found a few other interesting things too, something that looks like a segmented bug. will have to do some research on in and post some pics.

You ever make it up this way give me a shout. went to the same spot today to actually look around and found tons of them out there. was finding them in roups of 5 in some spots. picked up a few but left most. found a few other interesting things too, something that looks like a segmented bug. will have to do some research on in and post some pics.

After seeing that Macraster you found a trip up there is definitely in the future. Segmented bug huh? Sounds interesting! We need to do a Blue Cat trip on your pontoon.In the winter time when there are large shad die offs the big Blues hang out under the schools of shad just waiting for a tasty meal. Yum -Yum!

.... and with the pontoon boat, we don't have to carry 100 pounds of ammonites back to the car!

Umm... yea, fishing sounds good too! lol. I'll bring the beer.

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

I just bought an inflatable boat (really a glorified raft).

Looking forward to the maiden voyage. Lots more

access to new hunting spots to try.

Welcome to the forum!

I just bought an inflatable boat (really a glorified raft).

Looking forward to the maiden voyage. Lots more

access to new hunting spots to try.

I've been eying canoes/kayaks for a while now.Man are they expensive!What type of inflatable did you get??

I think that having some sort of boat is a must for fossil collectors. Kinda like "don't leave home without it".

That is of course if you have rivers and creeks in your area. Does yours have some sort of plywood or rigid bottom?

I'm pretty rough with stuff,so I think for me a High Density Polyethylene craft would be the way to go.There are plenty of untapped fossil resources just waiting to be tapped into with such a craft. The NSR and SSR are cases in point!

I've been eying canoes/kayaks for a while now.Man are they expensive!What type of inflatable did you get??

I think that having some sort of boat is a must for fossil collectors. Kinda like "don't leave home without it".

That is of course if you have rivers and creeks in your area. Does yours have some sort of plywood or rigid bottom?

I'm pretty rough with stuff,so I think for me a High Density Polyethylene craft would be the way to go.There are plenty of untapped fossil resources just waiting to be tapped into with such a craft. The NSR and SSR are cases in point!

I bought a Sevylor (4 person boat) for 38.00 Yeah they are cheap and will

soon find out how well made. I read a lot online and saw a lot of comments

that 4 person boats really fit 2 in comfort. I also got collapsible paddles which are

really light weight. Also a foot pump cause so many places won't have electricity for

the other one. I gave thought to a kayak too but read many complaints online that

for some reason they were very hard to paddle straight. Keep going in circles.

There was one I saw online somewhere that had 3 separate tubes but they were sold

out. I think it was under 40 too.

Here is a pic closest to the one I bought.

Da Boat

Hey if you get one please post what you ended up with and about your first trip in it....

Welcome to the forum!

I like it,please let us know how the maiden voyage goes.Have you thought about those battery operated air pumps.I have one for my air mattresses and I'm sure that would work too.Alot less effort! Listen to me! Gosh, us men are so lazy :rolleyes:

I like it,please let us know how the maiden voyage goes.Have you thought about those battery operated air pumps.I have one for my air mattresses and I'm sure that would work too.Alot less effort! Listen to me! Gosh, us men are so lazy :rolleyes:

I didn't see any of the battery operated ones but now I now they are

out there gonna get one for sure. I am into saving effort too! :D

Welcome to the forum!

I didn't see any of the battery operated ones but now I now they are

out there gonna get one for sure. I am into saving effort too! :D

Here it is Roz.Mine has seen about 7 years of use.It accepts 4 D -cell batteries.Wallyworld sells them and they are usually next to the air mattresses.Hope this helps!

post-417-1248659812_thumb.jpg

If you want guidance on what the hard core guys are doing for river/creek navigation get with JohnJ and danwoehr!

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"