My Miniscule Fossil/cast Collection

D.L.P.

post-1969-1248805424_thumb.jpg

Here it is. Lame, I know. :P

Cast of a T-rex tooth on the left, cat ulna on top, polished dino corprolite beneath that and tiny Brachiosaur fossil to the right of that.

"All the dinosaurs are real, based on fossil evidence. Whether the rest is real depends on you. It belongs in the marble hall, not that of the museum, but of your imagination, the other side of the mirror, the world that is in the end more true."-James Gurney, Preface to Dinotopia

There is no such thing as a lame collection. From the moment you pick up your first fossil (or purchase for that matter) you have started your collection! It is never lame, because it was important enough for YOU to pick up, or obtain. That is never lame. :)

It is just small right now, and it will only get bigger and better as you go!

I think your collection is just fine!!

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

In fact, if you feel so inclined, PM me your mailing address, and I will kindly add a tidbit or two to your collection.

And, no I'm not a stalker. Well, ok I am, but you are WAY too far away for me. :ph34r:

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

In fact, if you feel so inclined, PM me your mailing address, and I will kindly add a tidbit or two to your collection.

And, no I'm not a stalker. Well, ok I am, but you are WAY too far away for me. :ph34r:

Thanks Dave. I will PM you in time, not now, so your stalkerness will have to wait. :rolleyes:

Your encouragement was very kind though. :blush:

"All the dinosaurs are real, based on fossil evidence. Whether the rest is real depends on you. It belongs in the marble hall, not that of the museum, but of your imagination, the other side of the mirror, the world that is in the end more true."-James Gurney, Preface to Dinotopia

Thanks Dave. I will PM you in time, not now, so your stalkerness will have to wait. :rolleyes:

Your encouragement was very kind though. :blush:

/adds stalkerness to his dictionary

:)

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

/adds stalkerness to his dictionary

:)

:P

Cast of a T-rex tooth on the left, cat ulna on top, polished dino corprolite beneath that and tiny Brachiosaur fossil to the right of that.

Get outa town! It may be miniscule, but it's quality!

A little ironic, though, polishing fossilized sh*t ;)

Imagine, that tooth may have been the death of a dozen vegetarians!

Cool collection it will grew in time to the point you need a bigger house. Great start

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Thank you, Seldom and Ron. It is ironic that they sell fossil poo in such a nice way...it must be to gross people out, haha! :rolleyes:

Poo or no poo

collecting fossils

has to start some where

one day you will need a house just for the fossils :drool:

Poo or no poo

collecting fossils

has to start some where

one day you will need a house just for the fossils :drool:

LOL, I probably will. But a room will work out just as well for the time being. :D

its a start !

Thanks. :D

I agree with the above there is no collection too small or big...

When I started here some time ago (I know the join date for me has been changed because of the hacking in april...) I had a collection of one Trilobite now I have many Invertebrate, Vertebrate, and Plant fossils :)

Lame, I don't think so. I don't have any Dino Poo! I want Dino Poo!

"No matter where you go, there you are!"

Thanks everybody. :D