More Jewles For My Crown!

Crinoid Queen

post-1179-1248830675_thumb.jpgpost-1179-1248830691_thumb.jpgThis summer has been the best ever for crinoids. I have found so many. Here are a couple of the ones I found yesterday. The first one i am pritty shur that it is Parascytalocrinus hamiltonensis. He is cool because I was able to clean off all the rock on one side so you can see all arms but one! On the plate there is 3 baby crinoids. Any one have any ideas what they might be? The Just for fun I put uo one i found that hasnt been cleaned yet. My hands will be sore tonight!

post-1179-1248829449_thumb.jpg

post-1179-1248830440_thumb.jpg

post-1179-1248830457_thumb.jpg

post-1179-1248830468_thumb.jpg

post-1179-1248830488_thumb.jpg

Wondered where you've been; finding and prepping more fantastic sea lilies, it seems!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Awesome, thanks for posting :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Very nice looking 'noids. :)

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

so jealous

I spent years in NW Arkansas finding millions of crinoid discs - and limestone made up entirely of crinoids - but never an actual calyx or holdfast...

very nice!

"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be. " - Douglas Adams

If I remember correctly, you did that with a pin-vise!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

If I remember correctly, you did that with a pin-vise!

No, all i use is a set of dental pics, a small hammer and a wire brush. I spend usually about 4 to 6 hrs cleaning each specimin.

sweet!

You guys alway make me feel like i found something really special. I love all of you!

You guys alway make me feel like i found something really special. I love all of you!

Those are very nice. Great job!

A good subject should truly love his Queen :)

A good subject should truly love his Queen :)

:blush: Thanx

I got another one clean from my last trip. It is a little macrocrinus mudulus. I have one more to do and i will have um all done.

post-1179-1249348738_thumb.jpg

Crinoid Queen.... That last one is truly stunning and very nice work..... did you save the best till last?.... :)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Crinoid Queen.... That last one is truly stunning and very nice work..... did you save the best till last?.... :)

lol no I didn't plan it that way.