Cierra's Monster Ptychodus From Poc

barefootgirl

Okay so we met up with the boys down at POC and decided to show them how to hunt for teeth. Poor things couldn't figure out what to look for. Right off the bat Cierra finds a really nice sweet ptychodus. That of course got everyones blood pumping, I would be interested in knowing just how many ptychodus came out of that creek that day. After it was all said and done I counted 16 ptychodus that we came home with. Cierra found most of them....I think <_< still not to sure about that one. The big tooth in my hand I actually found last time I was down there and never posted it. So here are our finds for the day.

It was so great to finally get to meet Mako Ken. He actually drove up from Austin just to hunt for the day, talk about dedication. Oh and he knew how to hunt, Cierra nd myself didn't have to show him. Thanks for the treasure you gave us and I hope you found some goodies in that bag o Lee Creek stuff i gave ya. Hope its not to addicting.

post-1082-1248978506_thumb.jpg

Just an over view of some of the teeth

post-1082-1248978516_thumb.jpg

Yeah, we found all those. No big deal..

post-1082-1248978528_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1248978539_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1248978564_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1248978579_thumb.jpg

Here it is in all its glory! Cierra is so proud.

post-1082-1248978765_thumb.jpg

I actually found this last time I was there with Ron.

post-1082-1248979356_thumb.jpg

It looks better and bigger in person but this axe is 10 inches long and was found in that area by Paleo Ron.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Nice haul thanks for the pics

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Nice haul thanks for the pics

Thanks Seldom just got your dirt in the mail.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Your daughter has your fossil luck. I see it runs in the family. :P

RAWR! I am zeee dead bobcat!

Wow, Looks like the girls kicked butt!!

I think it would have been a different story if I were there!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks again for the lee creek material, the lunch, and the great time. Cierra's tooth was definetly the find of the day.

Your daughter has your fossil luck. I see it runs in the family. :P

Yeah well were just both good like that!!

Alfred North Whithead

Go easy on those boys.... Judging by the paper towel dimples, Cierra's Ptychodus looks pretty big...how big?

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Wow, Looks like the girls kicked butt!!

I think it would have been a different story if I were there!!! :rolleyes:

This is littlefoot (Cierra). Your right we would of kicked 3 guys butts that day instead of just 2. B):D

Alfred North Whithead

This is littlefoot (Cierra). Your right we would of kicked 3 guys butts that day instead of just 2. B):D

Hey now, how many points did you find. Give the boys a little credit. haha

Go easy on those boys.... Judging by the paper towel dimples, Cierra's Ptychodus looks pretty big...how big?

Mom cant find a ruler or tape measure but she said its a little larger than a quarter.

Alfred North Whithead

Hey now, how many points did you find. Give the boys a little credit. haha

Okay just a little then. :rolleyes:

Alfred North Whithead

Mom cant find a ruler or tape measure but she said its a little larger than a quarter.

Way to go, littlefoot!

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Way to go, littlefoot!

Thanks very much!! Actually, I like hunting with Barry, Dave and Ken. I just like to give them a hard time because Im at home and bored. Actually, all of my moms friends are cool which is surprising for some reason.

Alfred North Whithead

had to show the boys how to hunt..... whatever! :rolleyes:

Yea, ok Littlefoot, you smoked me on finds, I'll admit it. I want a rematch! :P

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

Thanks very much!! Actually, I like hunting with Barry, Dave and Ken. I just like to give them a hard time because Im at home and bored. Actually, all of my moms friends are cool which is surprising for some reason.

Well, there's a reason all your mom's friends are cool. Your mom is cool, and she hangs out with cool people. Also, you are very well spoken and very mature for your age. And the next time you tease me about finding more fossils than me, I'm telling!

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

Nice haul! I got to get back up there.

Well if it rained there like it did here the creek should be ready to hunt again.

Alfred North Whithead

BFG - great finds!!!

That axe head is really cool, but I like Cierra's big tooth better!

O

P.S. Please leave some for me...

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Awesome finds ladies! Better watch out BFG, looks like Littlefoot is going to out hunt you in the near future <_<