Intro

nc fossil guy

hi old time fossil collector have been hunting 30 years have a large collection from 10 states large lee creek collection from the 70s an 80s an nc dino would like to trade an meet other hunters from all over

Guest N.AL.hunter

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing some of your collection. I'll be in SC in March and hope to find some good teeth. Again, welcome.

Nice to see another Lee Creek collector. I started collecting there in the mid 1980's. I still haven't found a nice six inch meg there yet.

Let me know if you have any extras to trade.

I live in Virginia but North Carolina is probably my favorite state to collect in.

Maybe we'll run into each other some day . . . or maybe we already did.

Here's a pic of a N.C. theropod tooth from Elizabethtown.

post-210-1202598489_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Nice to see another Lee Creek collector. I started collecting there in the mid 1980's. I still haven't found a nice six inch meg there yet.

Let me know if you have any extras to trade.

I live in Virginia but North Carolina is probably my favorite state to collect in.

Maybe we'll run into each other some day . . . or maybe we already did.

Here's a pic of a N.C. theropod tooth from Elizabethtown.

post-210-1202598489_thumb.jpg

hi ron if u hunted lee creek in the 80s I know we meet I was a good friend of becky an frank the bus driver went every weekend my main hunting was for seal hunt e town still hope to meet u someday my wife an i go to va 3 or 4 times a year am trying to get into some of the mines there tom

In the late 80"s I was in Lee Creek almost every weekend and I still keep in touch with Becky. We probably bumped into each other more than once. I only go to Lee Creek once or twice a year now because I have other spots that are more productive. Check with the Virginia Museum of Natural History for trips into Caroline Stone Quarry. It costs 25 or 30 dollars for the day but there have been some nice things found there. I think they open it up two or three times a year. The only thing they won't let you keep is a whale or porpoise skeleton. That is what the site is famous for and a lot have come out of there. Most of the material is Miocene but it is sitting on the Eocene Nanjemoy formation so you can find Otodus teeth among other things.