Thinking About Checking Out Poc In The Morning.

danielp

Anyone point me to any good spots down there. I have never been there, was thinking about heading that way in the morning. Anyone interested in going? PM me if you are.

You should have some company. I think the Dallas Paleo group is going tomorrow. Might be a good chance to meet some folks?

Oh, when I first joined the forum I heard some people talking about going to POC. I asked where, but I think everyone had left. Anyway, I researched previous posts and figured out how to get there myself!

I would love to go, but have a birthday party that i have to go to.

I would park just south of the bridge and get in there and start sifting. Check out all gravel beds. Crawling you will find stuff too

might be out the rest of the night. if there is anyone that decides they want to go give me a call. 580-677-2030

Wonderful report and some awesome finds! The squalicorax is fantastic in coloration, and I am not familiar with the shells.. what kind are they? I had hoped to make this trip, but I had company come in and couldn't join you guys this time - hopefully soon!

I have actually found more by just crawling or walking and looking at the gravel bars then by sifting. Of course I stink at sifting.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

I agree, wouldnt hurt to take knee pads.

I found my 2 incher crawlin, Oh and a nice sized Ptychodus in one of Barrys foot prints....... :P

Yes, tomorrow is the DPS field trip to POC. Last trip there, they had about 40 folks show up.

Lyle

Yes, tomorrow is the DPS field trip to POC. Last trip there, they had about 40 folks show up.

Lyle

Yikes, 40 people! That place is gonna be crowded!!

[

I found my 2 incher crawlin, Oh and a nice sized Ptychodus in one of Barrys foot prints....... :P

Ouch!!!!!!

[

Ouch!!!!!!

Sorry Dude! Hey, we just got like 2 inches of rain, and its still raining. I think by mid week we hit that spot again! bring the boots this time

Sorry Dude! Hey, we just got like 2 inches of rain, and its still raining. I think by mid week we hit that spot again! bring the boots this time

No worries mate! Takes way more than that to rile me! Although I just used the ignore button for the first time...LOL...

I'm ready when you are! And I'll bring the Gatorade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's raining so hard here that the street is flooded.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'