A Great Day To...

Terphunter

be on the Chesapeake Bay! This was my first trip out in Maryland this year. In fact this was only my second fossil adventure all year aside from my spring trip to Lee Creek...just been too busy. :angry:

I made it a fishing and fossil trip with my father. I have been trying to get him to go and give it try...and today he did. We went to one of my favorite spots and gave it an hour but found the tides a bit too high. We managed to find some nice hemis in with the normal assortment and on the way out I found a nice little meg just before getting back on the boat...better then the jellyfish stings that I got!!

Good hunting

PICT0092.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

LIFE IS SHORT...HUNT HARD!!!

Great finds and great pics!

How was the fishing?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Those are absolutely out of this world! All found on the same trip blows my mind. Makes me want to toss out all the broken & brused teeth I have & head that way! Thanks for posting all the photos.

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Some very nice finds!

In that third pic, have you checked out those exposures

or would they likely have nothing fossil wise in them?

Welcome to the forum!

Some very nice finds!

thats the beach he was at Roz

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Thanks all. The fishing was a little slow...a few blues and one small rockfish. I wish the tide was better...but that's summertime fossil hunting on the bay!

Yeah, those cliffs are the Maryland Miocene; that's where all the fossils weather-out from.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Nice find Smokepole !

My Great Great Grandfather had a house at N.Beach and we would find hundreds during the summer. Point look out is another great place to find Whale fossils and other creatures besides shark.

Dave I see you found your way over here! You could probably get your answers to your WV find here. By the way I love that mastodon/mammoth tooth...awesome!

Dave I see you found your way over here! You could probably get your answers to your WV find here. By the way I love that mastodon/mammoth tooth...awesome!

Thanks Smoke, I visited the Mommoth dig in SD 2 years ago and say a lot of them. I have pictures of the dig I will post later.

Smokepole, your here in Md, would you like to make a trip out to the fossil area. Like hunting I enjoy a partner in the field. I'm just outside DC and the fossils are about 2.5 hrs.

Dave would love to...the trick is finding the time with two young ones at home and bow season around the corner ;) Seriously though I am interested in looking for fossils other than shark and marine mammals.

Dave would love to...the trick is finding the time with two young ones at home and bow season around the corner ;) Seriously though I am interested in looking for fossils other than shark and marine mammals.

That's all we would find when I was a kid living down at N. Beach in the summer. Plus a few trips out to Tx where we found Dinosaur fossils. Nice part about where I go the trout fishing is awesome.