Llano Trip W/ Travis

makoken

Went out prospecting with Travis through the Llano uplift and surrounding areas. We hit the site with the Llanite, and Travis managed to break of a big chunk. We also hit Bend and checked out flat rock. When the sun came out it was brutal on the rock . Didn't find much that could be removed, but I took a couple pics. of some neat stuff. I'm working on cutting the Llanite, let Travis know if you want a piece. Also a pic. of a cut piece. Oh yeah and a broken point.

post-1010-1249246181_thumb.jpg

post-1010-1249246227_thumb.jpg

post-1010-1249246279_thumb.jpg

post-1010-1249246330_thumb.jpg

I don't know much about points but that

doesn't look broken to me. The Llanite

is really beautiful!

Welcome to the forum!

Nice. What is that first fossil. I can't quite make it out. Love the cross section fossil. I wouldn't mind a piece of that Llanite if you have any left over. Got a small collection of Texas minerals.

Nice. What is that first fossil. I can't quite make it out. Love the cross section fossil. I wouldn't mind a piece of that Llanite if you have any left over. Got a small collection of Texas minerals.

I'm sure we'll have some Llanite for you. The first fossil kind of looked like a shrimp to me

The point looks oblong, but all there. Odd shape!

Id like to see that rock after you cut it

I believe the point is a Montell, with a broken tip and a ear missing. The first pic. is a slab of the Llanite

I think that I knocked a filling loose pounding on that rock! It was worth it. It was a great area to visit, and I'm going back. We did know it was time to turn around when we saw the sign. God, she's everywhere these days. :P

Oh, I found a partial point too. I think we found these within about 2 minutes of looking. (Ken's secret spot)

post-1159-1249249520_thumb.jpg

post-1159-1249249544_thumb.jpg

post-1159-1249249556_thumb.jpg

I think that I knocked a filling loose pounding on that rock! It was worth it. It was a great area to visit, and I'm going back. We did know it was time to turn around when we saw the sign. God, she's everywhere these days. :P

Oh, I found a partial point too. I think we found these within about 2 minutes of looking. (secret spot)

What do you think of the Llanite? I think it was worth the pounding. Well, since you pounded definetly.

Can you post a hi-res of the "shrimp"? Thanks.
I took the pics. in low res. so I could post them. That's the best I've got. Sorry

The Llanolite is awesome. I guess Tracer was right....You gotta get to the innerds! Honestly, I think it was the old "loosening of the pickle jar lid" syndrome. You whacked on it before I did. Here's the cat that was watching you prospect the gulch.

post-1159-1249250018_thumb.jpg

The Llanolite is awesome. I guess Tracer was right....You gotta get to the innerds! Honestly, I think it was the old "loosening of the pickle jar lid" syndrome. You whacked on it before I did. Here's the cat that was watching you prospect the gulch.
I think the Llanite was worth the trip. Is that a cat or baby cotote?

Nice finds y'all! That's a nice point Ken.It does look like it is missing a couple of chunks.

That Llanolite is purdy! Nice point fragment Trav.You are getting closer all the time.

Nice finds y'all! That's a nice point Ken.It does look like it is missing a couple of chunks.

That Llanolite is purdy! Nice point fragment Trav.You are getting closer all the time.

I'll bring some up with me next week for ya. Did you go with Barefoot today?

I'll bring some up with me next week for ya. Did you go with Barefoot today?

No, but I wish I had! She found some very nice teeth today.

She keeps spanking my butt out there.Yes, I'll admit it!

It seems that Cierra is taking after her mom nicely.

They both have eyes like a Hawk.

I believe the point is a Montell, with a broken tip and a ear missing. The first pic. is a slab of the Llanite

I agree, Ken...definitely a broken Montell. Sounds like a nice trip.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Oh cool!! Ill give you a geod for some of that Lanite Trav. Im glad you got out and had a good time. See ya soon.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Oh, I found a partial point too. I think we found these within about 2 minutes of looking. (Ken's secret spot)

good one :rofl:

Very cool guys! I'd like to make a trip down there sometime and do some looking around. Wouldn't mind hammering out a chunk of that Llanolite either. :)

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.