anomotodon?

Hipockets

Thanks, Al dente.  I had wanted to see that since I saw those "toddi" on elasmo many years ago.   I think I'll go back to just calling my two teeth Anomotodon sp. after seeing that. 

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

Al Dente, here's a group of juvenile/sub-adult Paranomotodon angustidens teeth from the Wenonah fm (latest Campanian) of NJ.  The largest tooth has a slant height of 11mm.  Comparing with the 2 teeth you posted, I would say they fit pretty well.   But I think the only real way to decide is with more anterior specimens from the same site/formation/age and a conclusion if Paranomotodon exists there or not.   And/or A. toddi needs to be better defined with more tooth positions.

P1130941-01.jpeg

P1130942-01.jpeg

P1130945-01.jpeg

9 hours ago, non-remanié said:

Al Dente, here's a group of juvenile/sub-adult Paranomotodon angustidens teeth from the Wenonah fm (latest Campanian) of NJ. 

Thanks for posting these. I’ll have to look through all my Campanian teeth again to see if I’ve been overlooking these. Easy to overlook since most of my Campanian sites have beat up teeth from lag deposits.

From what I've seen, they seem quite rare in NC, but I would bet that you do have some.   If heavily abraded/reworked, it can be very easy to overlook them.  The roots suffer erosion easily it seems. 

17 hours ago, non-remanié said:

Al Dente, here's a group of juvenile/sub-adult Paranomotodon angustidens teeth from the Wenonah fm (latest Campanian) of NJ.  The largest tooth has a slant height of 11mm.  Comparing with the 2 teeth you posted, I would say they fit pretty well.   But I think the only real way to decide is with more anterior specimens from the same site/formation/age and a conclusion if Paranomotodon exists there or not.   And/or A. toddi needs to be better defined with more tooth positions.

P1130941-01.jpeg

P1130942-01.jpeg

P1130945-01.jpeg

Wow!

• 1 year later...

I’m late to this discussion, but here is a tooth I identified as Anamotodon toddi from the late Maastrichtian of Arkansas. 

2CC8DF49-79A5-4DF1-9D5B-B62189B2ACB4.jpeg

69E59529-4DA2-4A2C-9067-396818440852.jpeg