Regards to all my TFF family

FossilDudeCO

Hello TFF family. 

I don't even know where to begin. 

It has been about 4 months since I was active on TFF and those 4 months have just been a roller coaster for me. The family issues all piled on and the holidays never help to make those stressors any easier.

I have a ton of apologies to hand out and lots of mail to answer!

I hope the end of 2017 treated you all better than it did me and that you are all safe and happy with your loved ones.

I do come back with a rather large bit of exciting news to share as well. It is well worth it's own post and I am very excited to be able to share it with my TFF family (FINALLY!!!)

@ynot@caldigger@Sacha@Ludwigia@smt126@Troodon (can't we just make a general @TFF!) @digit@sixgill pete@PFOOLEY@aerogrower

You will all have some personal messages headed your way, but consider this my public apology for disappearing. I can't wait to be back in the loving arms of the TFF family and friends.

• I found this Informative 3

I'm just glad to know you are alive.

Happy New Year Blake, let's make this year a great one.

Doren

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

May 2018 treat you better than 2017. Welcome back to the matrix--now go find your pod and plug yourself in. :P

Looking forward to the big news--I think I know what it might be about and I can't wait till you are able to share with the TFF family.

Cheers.

-Ken

No apologies necessary, Blake. You're here when you can be. Life and family always come first :) 

Glad you're back, and looking forward to reading about your big news.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Blake, I am just glad your back. I have wondered what was going on, it is very unlike you to vanish per say. But, like Kane said, no apologies needed. 

Bulldozers and dirt Bulldozers and dirt
behind the trailer, my desert
Them red clay piles are heaven on earth
I get my rocks off, bulldozers and dirt

Patterson Hood; Drive-By Truckers

image.png.0c956e87cee523facebb6947cb34e842.png May 2016  MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160.png.b42a25e3438348310ba19ce6852f50c1.png May 2012 IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png.1721b8912c45105152ac70b0ae8303c3.png.2b6263683ee32421d97e7fa481bd418a.pngAug 2013, May 2016, Apr 2020 VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png.af5065d0585e85f4accd8b291bf0cc2e.png.72a83362710033c9bdc8510be7454b66.png.9171036128e7f95de57b6a0f03c491da.png Oct 2022

Happy New Year Blake.  Really nice to see you back and missed your interactions.  It's great start to the new year, what else can I say.

Happy New Year and welcome back!  You don’t need to apologize!  All those fossils rattling around in there need to be put back in their rightful places every once in a while...not just to recover but regain some sanity haha!

Clearly, your presence has been well missed and it seems TFF is glad you’ve returned!  I’m glad you’re back and feeling better...just isn’t the same without ya! 

Super stoked about your announcement (even if I already know what it’s regarding).  All the best in 2018! 

Glad you are ok man. No apologies and what an awesome find. You must be over the top with emotion. Congrats man.

Glad your back Blake! Hope 2018 treats you better than last year!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

I'm glad the mystery is over, Blake. I wondered if you were ok. As others have noted, family and real life always come first. We kept the light on for you. Glad you're back. And with a bang!!

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

I was getting pretty worried about you Blake. I figured it had to be something serious to pass up having time with me!

Hopefully this new year goes better than the last.  I'm glad to hear you're ok. No apologies needed here. Family always comes first.

Glad to have you back here, Blake. As stated, you've been missed, but we all understand the way life gets in the way of doing what we love. 

I hope this year is kinder to you on the personal/family level. :) 

Cheers, mate.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Hey Blake,

Man, am I happy to finally hear from you, since I was really getting worried for more than one reason. Now I'm just looking forward to getting your answer to my last PM, since it still hasn't arrived, although I haven't checked the mail for a few days due to the holidays. At any rate I'm relieved to know that you're in a position to communicate again regularly and am looking forward to being able to chat with you once again.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

@FossilDudeCO, life can be messy at times. It seems that it always gives you a 1-2 punch as well. I’m glad you’re back up for air and hope 2018 gives you a break. I fell off TFF for a lot longer than a few months when life turned on me. :P

Oh, poor you! I'm sorry for all these troubles that you have lived through... But it’s good to know that it has more or less calmed down now enough for you to come back to your dead-rock-loving friends :D Well obviously many people, including me, were worried for your sudden disappearance. What a relief to know that you are alright now!

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

• 2 weeks later...

Life has a way of knocking us all around a bit. But reading the reply’s to this post you are amongst good friends and I am looking forward to meeting you on TFF.

cheers Bobby 

• 3 weeks later...