Amazing Hunt At Poc Today

barefootgirl

Cierra wanted to go back to the POC today so we up and went. Here is what we found.

post-1082-1249275511_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1249275531_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1249275556_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1249275618_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1249275632_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1249275660_thumb.jpg

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

AWESOME - congrats girls!!!

And I almost fell out of my chair since I thought the penny was a quarter when I first opened up the pic!!! :faint:

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Well, I want to know why your daughter (what's-her-name) finds more stuff than I do?? It's very disrespectful.

Well, I want to know why your daughter (what's-her-name) finds more stuff than I do?? It's very disrespectful.

Well if you would get your butt up here maybe you to could find some teeth like that :D . Till then your just gonna have to be outdone by a 12 yr old. :P

Well what ya waiting for, get up here!!!!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

thanks guys!!

Alfred North Whithead

Very Nice Finds !!!..... Glad to see your share your passion with your daughter....... You can go twice as often now ... :) for twice as long....lol

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Very nice finds! B) Is site "ole Dude & Dudette" friendly? :) If it's anything like the banks at the NSR, we can get to the bottom, but getting out is problematical. :rolleyes:

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

much easier to get out of than the sulphur.

Alfred North Whithead

Mike, it can be a little tricky getting out, but probably manageable. Just don't follow Barry. ;)

Thanks BFG, TC. May give it a try this fall.

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

no its alot easier getting in and out now they have a trail in.

Alfred North Whithead

Wow, its crazy that it gives up that many teeth week after week. Did it show signs of the Dallas paleo club being there??

Whats the long white tooth? and the mammal tooth?

Close up maybe?

thanks

justin

I find it interesting too, that there is so much to be found there.

I was curious, if any folks walk away from the bridges and how the pickens might be?

WOW! that is awesome! great ladies :)

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

I was curious, if any folks walk away from the bridges and how the pickens might be?

Talk to Barefoot. She and Ron walked up the creek and found some cool stuff.

I have been up and down stream from the bridge, and yep, teeth everywhere. it seems they are more teeth found near the bridge, but I bet it just depends on where they are coming into the creek, and how often. I have a matrix piece that is a fresh fall from the "Layer" and have extracted a ptychodus tooth from the "Layer"

THe other question is, what formation do we have there?? I have found everything from sharks teeth, to horse and other mammals to human teeth. Anyone know what formations we are hunting there??

I have been up and down stream from the bridge, and yep, teeth everywhere. it seems they are more teeth found near the bridge, but I bet it just depends on where they are coming into the creek, and how often. I have a matrix piece that is a fresh fall from the "Layer" and have extracted a ptychodus tooth from the "Layer"

THe other question is, what formation do we have there?? I have found everything from sharks teeth, to horse and other mammals to human teeth. Anyone know what formations we are hunting there??

Duck creek?

Our foot prints were the only ones down there. I saw no evidence at all of other people. The water had come up though and rewashed the bars. I was also amazed at the amount of stuff we found. The only time I have ever hunted at the bridge was my first time down there with Travis county. When I took Ron to the creek we walked way down it and hit all the bars along the way just surface hunting.

Alfred North Whithead

So were we there on Sunday? Ive lost track of the days of the week again. This happens when your kids out of school and everyday feels like a weekend cause they're home all day! :rolleyes:

Anyway I didnt even see any footprints coming down into the creek. Of course it rained really well on Saturday or was that Friday. :blink:

Alfred North Whithead

They were supposed to go Saturday. They may have gone over to the Travis Street location?