Ventral Crab From Washington

RJB

Aaaaaalrighty then!!  I finally got this little baby finished!!!  Turned out purdy dang nice!  Gots me 6 tippy tippy's too.  Sooooo happy with this one.  I now have ventral crab for my collection.  Life is now good!   Ha!  :)

RB

VCrabF.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

Turned out awesome, Ron! - Not that I had any doubts. ;) I can imagine prep on the ventral side can be nerve-wracking, for sure, but you ended up with a top shelf piece!

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

45 minutes ago, Kane said:

Turned out awesome, Ron! - Not that I had any doubts. ;) I can imagine prep on the ventral side can be nerve-wracking, for sure, but you ended up with a top shelf piece!

Thank o kind sir. 

2 minutes ago, ynot said:

Can We see a view from the front, please?:D

Here ya go ynot.

RB

DSCN1376.JPG

2 hours ago, RJB said:

Aaaaaalrighty then!!  I finally got this little baby finished!!!  Turned out purdy dang nice!  Gots me 6 tippy tippy's too.  Sooooo happy with this one.  I now have ventral crab for my collection.  Life is now good!   Ha!  :)

RB

VCrabF.JPG

:yay-smiley-1:  Looks just great!!! Fantastic addition to your collection!

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Very nice job as always, even with the extra curveball :dinothumb:

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Outstanding prep job!  Ventral sides are interesting because they are complex and have a lot more going on, which I’m sure made the prep challenging.  But I’d say it was worth it!

And I have space in my brand new fossil storage cabinet if you were going to get rid of it. :D

Fantastic addition to your collection, Ron. A guided tour of RJB Museum of Natural History must be thrilling.. Congrats on the find and the prep work.... New skills on Ventral crabs!!

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

I like how you turned a disappointing start into a triumphant finish! Impressive!  :crab: :crab::crab:

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Lovely, RB. Still can't believe this was your first ventral prep. Lol

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Thank you everybody.  Im just glad i stuck with it and finished it.  its already sittin beside me here at my desk. Next stop is the display cabinet. 

RB

Seriously, I really don't know why you spent so much time with your "special" tools. A couple if whacks with the sledge and you would have been done.

Alright, it might not have turned out as pretty as yours, but just think of all the extra time you could have spent shoveling snow. :hearty-laugh:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

9 hours ago, caldigger said:

Alright, it might not have turned out as pretty as yours, but just think of all the extra time you could have spent shoveling snow. 

You one funny dude,,, dude.  :)

RB

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, micropterus101 said:

Glad to see your happy with this one Ron. Great prep Buddy.

Long time no see ole pal!   and yeah, thanks to you I now have one heck of a nice ventral Pulalius. 

RB

• 7 months later...
6 minutes ago, DLB said:

looks like another good one for the shelf

Been on the crab shelf for over 8 months now,, ole buddy.

RB

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 5:14 PM, BrentSA said:

That is absolutely stunning , that's the only word I can use to describe

I dont think ive ever used the word stunning?  but yeah, a very good word for this crab.  Thanks man

RB