Mammalian Bone?

Crazyhen

This is from Hezheng, Gansu in which large amount of mammal fossils were found.  Does it look like the end of a femur?

849F579D-9A1B-4EF2-B189-A22ABA6B0E30.jpeg

F8C89136-6F02-4933-BC2C-71E8401B19EC.jpeg

D729C8CA-6AAC-4F17-8CAE-CD0280EC79CF.jpeg

FBEFABB5-9287-40D7-95E1-0C3D25AA494B.jpeg

Then what do I know, but I looks awefully "holey" to be a femur bone. Wouldn't be very structurally sound.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I don’t think this is a bone...

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Looks more geological to me...

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

If it is bone, it is certainly not a femur... too many weird hollow areas.  Maybe a very well worn fragment of an elephant skull.  But it is really weird.  Maybe it is a coral?  Or maybe not.  I am leaningon bone. 

Looks like worn bone to me. I agree with jcp, possibly a small part of an elephant skull or some other large mammal. Only the smooth large holes do not seem worn, so I think a good ID is unlikely.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library