Md Question

Haddy

What do you wear while fossil hunting around Calvert Cliffs?

This time of year, there's jellyfish to contend with. Then there's some glass and boulders. I met someone who wears chest waders all year as he says that the water's got too much bacteria (although he picks up fossils with his bare hands).

In Australia, snorklers wear "stinger suits" of lycra to prevent most jellyfish stings. Does anyone use lycra suits/pants?

Just curious....

seen people with womans tights last time i was down at the cliffs but for me i go barefoot. when something gets infected from a cut or something like that ill treat it but I have not had any issues, I have been barefoot since march, people think im crazy and I agree. If i were you I would wear some kind of sand shoes, crocs work well but you will get sand in them. Knee high waders are good, its hot this time of year but thats what I wear in the winter.

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Water shoes and shorts...jelly fish are bad some times but its way too hot for waders...can you say heat stroke!! Bring h2o and sunscreen and some type of walking stick or rake so you don't fall on the slippery rocks and matrix. Good luck

LIFE IS SHORT...HUNT HARD!!!

Water shoes and shorts...jelly fish are bad some times but its way too hot for waders...can you say heat stroke!! Bring h2o and sunscreen and some type of walking stick or rake so you don't fall on the slippery rocks and matrix. Good luck

old pair of tennis shoes, shorts unless I'm going in the water then old long Blue geans. An Hat Bug juice is a must , skitters are bad.