The Ultimate Fossil Dig

Guest Smilodon

Guest Smilodon

Hi all, I'm new to the forum so be kind. I know most postings here are for day trips, but I'm involved in something I call The Ultimate Fossil Dig. I'm sorry to shamelessly self promote, so google it or visit my website (www.millersfossils.com). Yes it's a lot of money. Yes, I make money off it. But I promise you WILL come home with something good and you WILL have the time of your life (not just your fossil collecting life) Next one starts Sept 20th. The next after that isn't until April 2010.

Looks cool although I know I don't have money for any such trips this year.

You should post some more pix here!

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Hi all, I'm new to the forum so be kind. I know most postings here are for day trips, but I'm involved in something I call The Ultimate Fossil Dig. I'm sorry to shamelessly self promote, so google it or visit my website (www.millersfossils.com). Yes it's a lot of money. Yes, I make money off it. But I promise you WILL come home with something good and you WILL have the time of your life (not just your fossil collecting life) Next one starts Sept 20th. The next after that isn't until April 2010.

How about a hint on the price?

Guest Smilodon

How about a hint on the price?

-----------------------------------

We've changed the pricing strategy for this trip and going forward (haven't updated website yet). Cost is $2,000 for five full days of fossil collecting on a private ranch that NO ONE else can collect on. That includes lodging, access fees, guide fees, and transportation to and from airport and into town for necessities. You pay to get there (fly or drive) and for your meals and food.

For your $2,000 you get,

- the adventure of a lifetime

- collecting on the most productive private ranch in the Badlands

- you keep everything you find no matter how valuable and you WILL come home with something good

On the May trip, eleven people found THIRTY 30 skulls, TWENTY 20 turtles, 3 partial skeletons one duck egg, partial jaws and bones too numerous to mention, and artifacts. Perhaps the best trip ever. July was almost as good. And it has rained ALL summer up there.

You could conceivably come home with fossils worth more than it costs to go

Now doesn't that beat DisneyWorld or what!

www.millersfossils.com

Guest Smilodon

I've uploaded a bunch of images to the Gallery of the property, fossils in situ, prepped fossils, and people having fun. Enjoy.

Did you say "duck egg"?

How often is avian material found there?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest Smilodon
Did you say "duck egg"?

How often is avian material found there?

Isolated avian bones are findable. However, a fossil buddy found enough of a skeleton to figure a new species of Secretary bird there. It's at the Smithsonian now.

Duck eggs, however, are rare as hens' teeth - but there is a common companion fossil to look for to try and find them.

That info is gonna cost you though :D

I was at a rancher's house once who had found a partially broken egg that had fossilized with obvious fetal bones showing!!!!! Their collection would put any museum to shame.

Guest Smilodon
Looks cool although I know I don't have money for any such trips this year.

You should post some more pix here!

Check out the gallery. I just posted an album.