Small Ammonites And Gastropods

danielp

Figured I would post these for everyone to check out.

Kewl. Do you have a microscope that plays ball with your computer? Your shots look like the ones my Micro Touch makes.

Kewl. Do you have a microscope that plays ball with your computer? Your shots look like the ones my Micro Touch makes.

Took those with an olympus styluss 770 camera

Dang, Daniel, those are neat! I like 'em :wub:

Looks like three different cephs (the first is nautiloid?) and two different gastros.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Dang, Daniel, those are neat! I like 'em :wub:

Looks like three different cephs (the first is nautiloid?) and two different gastros.

It does look more like a nautiloid.

I like them. The small ones seem to have all the detail. You gonna prep out that little one above the quarter ;)

I like them. The small ones seem to have all the detail. You gonna prep out that little one above the quarter ;)

I'm pretty new at prepping, so prob not until I get some more practice at it. Afraid I would mess something that small up.

The one on the upper right is sweet! Do you know what formation they came out of?

Nice danielp. Glad you got that camera working. The upper right one could be a Scaphites sp. or Otoscaphites?

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

The one on the upper right is sweet! Do you know what formation they came out of?

Duck creek

Really nice Daniel. I love those little ones. I'm not that good at prepping, but I did the vinegar soak (on some fossils) yesterday and it worked really well. Then I used a stiff brush wheel on my flex-shaft, and that did the trick.

Really nice Daniel. I love those little ones. I'm not that good at prepping, but I did the vinegar soak (on some fossils) yesterday and it worked really well. Then I used a stiff brush wheel on my flex-shaft, and that did the trick.

Pictures?