Some New Meg Teeth

megateeth

I thought I would share the teeth I found diving today. The diving has been slow lately but today I found two 5.75" Megalodon teeth and some really nice smaller ones, 20+ in all. I even found a nice 2" lower Mako tooth. The current is running slow so the visibility was better than it has been in awhile. I had about 6 inches with my light which is great for summer. It did not last though. As soon as the tide changed the vis was in the 1 inch range.

post-1309-1249529832_thumb.jpgpost-1309-1249529840_thumb.jpgpost-1309-1249529850_thumb.jpgpost-1309-1249529864_thumb.jpg

Do you ever find small teeth other than megs?? ;)

Very cool finds. I think most people could only dream of finding what you find in one dive!

Those are some awesome teeth. I have never found a whole meg yet so every time you make a trip report I am always dumbstruck at all your finds!

DO, or do not. There is no try.

Do you ever find small teeth other than megs?? ;)

Very cool finds. I think most people could only dream of finding what you find in one dive!

I find some Makos and Hemipristis teeth. Because of the low vis I do not find many though. I have also found about a dozen benedini teeth.

I thought I would share the teeth I found diving today. The diving has been slow lately but today I found two 5.75" Megalodon teeth and some really nice smaller ones, 20+ in all. I even found a nice 2" lower Mako tooth. The current is running slow so the visibility was better than it has been in awhile. I had about 6 inches with my light which is great for summer. It did not last though. As soon as the tide changed the vis was in the 1 inch range.

post-1309-1249529832_thumb.jpgpost-1309-1249529840_thumb.jpgpost-1309-1249529850_thumb.jpgpost-1309-1249529864_thumb.jpg

Nice! Kitty decided she needed to help. lol

As always, I'm in awe of the quality & quanity of the teeth you find. :o

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

The lower mako tooth is my favorite. Any chance you sell the mako's?

Mike

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Nice! Kitty decided she needed to help. lol

She is adorable until she knocks something on the floor. A few years ago I spent a couple of hours adding a bunch of top quality teeth to the site. The teeth were in a pizza type box and the corner was hanging over the desk. One of the cats jumped and caught the corner of the box. The box flipped up and threw the teeth up. They hit the tile and every tooth broke. These WERE the teeth that broke.

http://www.megateeth.com/list.php?page=BROKEsimba

Needless to say I still look at them and shake my head.

The lower mako tooth is my favorite. Any chance you sell the mako's?

Mike

I do sell the Makos.

Here are some of the larger ones. Let me know if there is something that you want.

Bill

http://www.megateeth.com/list.php?cat=7

Incredible as always. I'm thinking of making a reality show called "Fossil hunting location swap"........ ;)

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

She is adorable until she knocks something on the floor. A few years ago I spent a couple of hours adding a bunch of top quality teeth to the site. The teeth were in a pizza type box and the corner was hanging over the desk. One of the cats jumped and caught the corner of the box. The box flipped up and threw the teeth up. They hit the tile and every tooth broke. These WERE the teeth that broke.

http://www.megateeth.com/list.php?page=BROKEsimba

Needless to say I still look at them and shake my head.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did the teeth shatter or are they in large pieces?

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did the teeth shatter or are they in large pieces?

Most just chipped portions of the root, enamel or tip. A couple broke in half. I put all the pieces in a box back in April 2007 when it happened. About Several months ago before the Venice Shark tooth Festival I glued them back together. I was short on teeth to take so I sold some there as repaired and I still have one or two I think.

I would love to dive for megs, I do heaps of diving but no megs to be found her in Australia (that i am aware of anyway).

I puchased my first meg of you a few years back, and its one of my fav in my collection

I would love to dive for megs, I do heaps of diving but no megs to be found her in Australia (that i am aware of anyway).

I puchased my first meg of you a few years back, and its one of my fav in my collection

I am glad that you still have it and that you like it.