Nsr In The Summer Time!

Dave Bowen

Barry (snakekeeper) and I left my house at 5am to be the first ones out there after the big rain. Sounds like a smart idea, however we were the only ones insane enough to be out there all day. The only other inhabitants were a large pack of wild boars.

Anyway, without any further adeu whatsoever, I bring to you,

Dave and Barry's finds of the day!

The highlights were several very nice complete ammonites. Barry found the first one, and gave it to me because I didn't have one, then a minute later, I found one just like it, so I gave that one to him.

We found a few more, plus tons of nicely sutured baculite, lots of bones and bone fragments, gastropods, clams, a couple of ponderosa oysters, a turtle bone, but by a long shot, the trip maker was Barry's vert.

Wow, what a cool find!

I have class, so I'll cut the commentary short, but here are a few pictures of the day's finds.

post-1882-1249685298_thumb.jpg

post-1882-1249685335_thumb.jpg

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

more pics

post-1882-1249685496_thumb.jpg

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Dang these pics are big

post-1882-1249685632_thumb.jpg

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Nice going guys! It takes a real desire for fossil acquisition to get out in this heat. :) I'm gonna try on Sunday.

I'd recognize Barry's dress shirt anywhere. :P

Nice finds. It was nasty hot yesterday! That vert looks killer! Did you act like pigs and roll in the mud to stay cool?

...Did you act like pigs and roll in the mud to stay cool?

No, but we should have.I ran towards the pack of hogs to get a better pic,but they winded me.I must have smelled worse than they did :D These were some nice sized porkers.These are the best shots I could get before they scrambled for safety. And Trav,Dave joined the dress shirt fan club ;)

post-417-1249688281_thumb.jpgpost-417-1249688301_thumb.jpg

I would've shot one of those suckers! :) Although, I've heard they're not good eatin' this time of year.

Disclaimer for non-hunters: These things are a real problem in Texas....but not when you smoke them for 8-10 hrs.

Wow, very nice finds, love the red ammonites and that huge vert!

Good to see pics of the wild pigs. I thought they might be around

that area but have never seen them the few times I have been there...

Welcome to the forum!

Real nice vertebra, Barry.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

How sweet!! You know that vert would be great company for my one lost lonely vert. Im glad you guys had fun and made it out alive.

Hey by the way Barry I found this. This is you right?

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

That is just too funny! I don't have dimples though :D Post the other ones when you get a chance.

Will do! I wish I had a good photo of Travis.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Here yall go!! Barry through the ages. I must say he looks as good now as he did back in 52.

Alfred North Whithead

LMFAO!!!!!! :rofl:

Oh your next.

Alfred North Whithead

I think you should start wearing your hair like you did in the middle pict Barry!

Alfred North Whithead

I think you should start wearing your hair like you did in the middle pict Barry!

Rico Suave....................

ROFL! That is Soooooo wrong! But it's funny as $%@ !!!!

Almost as cool as my ammonite here. He took the shades off for the picture.

post-1882-1249700357_thumb.jpg

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Cool guys, looks like y'all had a good time. I am getting ready to head out and try my hand at snorkeling.

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Hey Barefootgirl, love the new graphic! I wrote a JFK article about pointy glasses way back when I first got the site going.

http://www.irememberjfk.com/mt/2006/11/in_...albums_from.php

Good Article! Very cool site! Yes, i decided to go with a new look for a while. B)

Alfred North Whithead

Looks like Baryy to me!!!

heh heh heh. Plano Year Book 1983 right?

I'll be up in DFW is anyone wants to hit POC on Monday or Tuesday afternoon.

How sweet!! You know that vert would be great company for my one lost lonely vert. Im glad you guys had fun and made it out alive.

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"