Diving In The Edisto River

AeroMike

Well, family called for sharkdentist to be away for our annual dive in the Edisto river this year. This was my first time doing this and I had a blast.

The day started off memorable(The only thing I will say about it is I was joking with my wife that I wanted to "wrestle" an aligator, well I can cross that off my list! LOL) and continued to be a great day. When we got to the river, Jason (OzzyRules) and Jim (svillej) went in with tanks and fins LOL I on the other hand went snorkeling and really wasn't finding too much but the others were tearing it up. svillej offered to share his air with me on his octopus and I was off diving too!

There was some great under water shots of finds but y'all will have to take my word for it as svillej ended up losing his underwater camera and the current took it away fast. I did find some good teeth though.

Here is what I found today, enjoy~!

These top row, first three mako teeth are from a friend, I did not find them.

DSC_0396.jpg

In the top ans middle rows there are Mako and Angies

Bottom left are saw fish pieces

The three smaller points are barracuda teeth

Just above the barracuda teeth are two whale teeth

bottom right are hemi's, tigers and misc teeth

DSC_0392.jpg

Top right are two pieces of petrified wood

Below the wood is broken teeth and to the left of them is my only vertebra for the day.

DSC_0393.jpg

DSC_0394.jpg

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Nice finds Mike sounds like a good way to spend a Sat

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Mike nice finds glade you guys had a good time maybe next year we will do it bigger and better hate I could not make it the gator is crazy saw the pics made me lol. I will keep in touch and let you know about Erin and the baby during this trying time......

Mike, Good report, I still can't believe that I lost that camera.

My finds were more of the same, Angys, Makos and one Great White and three pieces of petrified wood.

Sharkdentist, we missed you, but I'm sure you will catch up in the future.

post-1272-1249781633_thumb.jpg

post-1272-1249781649_thumb.jpg

post-1272-1249781667_thumb.jpg

post-1272-1249781681_thumb.jpg

post-1272-1249781696_thumb.jpg

post-1272-1249781715_thumb.jpg

Wow, awesome finds Mike! I can't wait until I have the opportunity to pick up my first meg from the bottom of a river.

You were responsible for my obtaining my first meg though. I appreciate it!

There is a package that will be mailed to you on Monday. Enjoy. :)

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

Wow! Those are some really sweet finds. I so miss the east coast and the river filled teeth.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

I have never found an Angustiden. It sounds like you all had a good time. Nice Haul.

That's ok Bill, you make up for it with those awesome megs you find. I would LOVE to dive and find a couple of decent 5+ inch megs. I only have about eight megs and they are all around 4" or less.

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"