Fossiling Firsts!

FossilForKids

The following "first time events" happened to me over the past week or so:

* I went fossiling for the first time since my illness.

* I took my new girlfriend, Lisa, on her first fossil hunt.

* The picture of the Sand Dollars and Clam shells are Lisa's first ever fossils!

After the loss of my best friend and fossil partner, Lisa and I decided that I needed a break from reality. So we went for a long drive down the extremely scenic Hwy Coastal road. We then collected at the Scotts Valley sand dollar locality and a shell exposure near the small town of Sunol. Enjoy the pictures and please welcome Lisa to our crazy yet wonderful world of fossil collecting.

John

post-1292-1249860984_thumb.jpg

post-1292-1249861039_thumb.jpg

post-1292-1249861074_thumb.jpg

post-1292-1249861121_thumb.jpg

If only my teeth are so prized a million years from now!

awwww, how sweet! ok, but look, um either the date's wrong on your camera, or you're blowin' some major smoke here. but anyway, hey, um, i zoomed in on that picture of ya'll and had your big ole eyes, nose and mouth full-screen on my monitor, and dude, you're gorgeous! (just said that to make her jealous man - next time upload a smaller photo - tmi).

but those locations are freaking unbelievably gorgeous! it ticks me so off when i see places like that and can't be there. wow.

glad you're doing better!

oh, and nice fossils.

Nice finds, and its great to have a lot of firsts... it is rejuvenating in my opinion. :)

Love and fossils - milk it man!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

awwww, how sweet! ok, but look, um either the date's wrong on your camera, or you're blowin' some major smoke here. but anyway, hey, um, i zoomed in on that picture of ya'll and had your big ole eyes, nose and mouth full-screen on my monitor, and dude, you're gorgeous! (just said that to make her jealous man - next time upload a smaller photo - tmi).

but those locations are freaking unbelievably gorgeous! it ticks me so off when i see places like that and can't be there. wow.

glad you're doing better!

oh, and nice fossils.

The date is way wrong. These pictures are from about 10 days ago.

John

If only my teeth are so prized a million years from now!

The date is way wrong. These pictures are from about 10 days ago.

John

i knew that. but you oughta reset it because the exif info on your picture files will be wrong, unless you're like me and want the exif info all wrong so that you can throw off the people who always follow you.

hey, just because i'm paranoid doesn't mean nobody's out to get me.

heh. cool people, places, and fossils. go you.

Guest solius symbiosus
Love and fossils - milk it man!

Ditto! Nothing like seeing the glint in an eye when it is their first discovery. Especially, if it is someone that you(really) care about.

Ahh, the joys of discovery... physical, and metaphorical. ;)

Nice finds. It sounds like you were due for a great time. I am glad it turned out so well.

The following "first time events" happened to me over the past week or so:

* I went fossiling for the first time since my illness.

* I took my new girlfriend, Lisa, on her first fossil hunt.

* The picture of the Sand Dollars and Clam shells are Lisa's first ever fossils!

After the loss of my best friend and fossil partner, Lisa and I decided that I needed a break from reality. So we went for a long drive down the extremely scenic Hwy Coastal road. We then collected at the Scotts Valley sand dollar locality and a shell exposure near the small town of Sunol. Enjoy the pictures and please welcome Lisa to our crazy yet wonderful world of fossil collecting.

John

Hi John

nice finds! and i wish you much luck with your new girlfriend!

Greet from Holland

Sean

Hi,

Welcome Lisa ! Nice finds. Do you know the species of sea urchins and their age ?

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

It looks like she had an excellent first day collecting. Those are very nice sand dollars. Are they Miocene? Glad to see you are back at it again.