Fossil Lobster Prep.

RJB

Wow!  thanks for all the responces.  Wasn't exspecting that. and its not even done.  Gots a ways to go.  Still looks like cow poop even.  and @Ptychodus04 is only jealous.  Its not 'old', its wisdom,,,, and probably my good looks.   and a hardy har har.  :)

RB

10 minutes ago, RJB said:

Wow!  thanks for all the responces.  Wasn't exspecting that. and its not even done.  Gots a ways to go.  Still looks like cow poop even.  and @Ptychodus04 is only jealous.  Its not 'old', its wisdom,,,, and probably my good looks.   and a hardy har har.  :)

RB

Guilty as charged. A friend of mine describes me as a gorilla with a shovel!

21 hours ago, jpc said:

So, RB... with all the lobsters you have collected yourself, did you not get any of this species?

Hi JP, no I did not.  All the ones way back when were the Paleoepherops.  I got this one from a guy who lives in Miles City and he tells me that he has a bunch.  But trying to get ahold of him is like pulling teeth!!! 

RB

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Hi JP, no I did not.  All the ones way back when were the Paleoepherops.  I got this one from a guy who lives in Miles City and he tells me that he has a bunch.  But trying to get ahold of him is like pulling teeth!!! 

RB

I had a tooth pulled just yesterday.  Maybe I should try.

2 hours ago, RJB said:

RB

I have a couple dozen nodules, but haven't prepped them yet.  I wonder if mine are all one species as well.  Ask me again after I retire. 

4 hours ago, jpc said:

I have a couple dozen nodules, but haven't prepped them yet.  I wonder if mine are all one species as well.  Ask me again after I retire. 

Ive got moneys burning a hole in my pocket.  How many do you want to get rid of.  A pain in the rear to prep!!!  :)

RB

Ok, some rock rebuilding and some grinding.  Dont like the grinding, but it has to be done. The dark areas are where ive done some 'rock rebuilding' and ive got to let that cure for a day or so.   Gots a ways to go though. 

RB

DSCN1551.JPG

DSCN1552.JPG

20 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Love that crustacean. :wub:

Yeah, its gots lots of problems, but lots of leg too.  Love the legs!!!

RB

2 hours ago, RJB said:

Ive got moneys burning a hole in my pocket.  How many do you want to get rid of.  A pain in the rear to prep!!!  :)

RB

My friend... you ain't got enough money to relieve me of my crabs.  : )

1 minute ago, jpc said:

My friend... you ain't got enough money to relieve me of my crabs.  : )

Me thinks you mean,,,, lobsters?

RB

3 minutes ago, RJB said:

Me thinks you mean,,,, lobsters?

RB

darn it.  Busted again.  Yeah, lobsters.  

5 hours ago, jpc said:

I hope you have a lot of popcorn... 

No, but I’ve got lots of scotch, so don’t be in too big of a hurry...

9 hours ago, Sagebrush Steve said:

but I’ve got lots of scotch, so don’t be in too big of a hurry...

My kind of guy, but wiskey for me.

RB

1 hour ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Scotch is whiskey. :D :hearty-laugh:

Well, if you want to get technical, scotch is whisky, Jim Beam is whiskey.  I believe you would get forceably evicted from Scotland if you spelled it whiskey.

1 hour ago, Sagebrush Steve said:

Well, if you want to get technical, scotch is whisky, Jim Beam is whiskey.  I believe you would get forceably evicted from Scotland if you spelled it whiskey.

I don't want to get technical so I'm safe.