Showing Oh Man A Good Time

jax

Oh man comes to town every once in a while, and I try to get out with him at least once. He stopped at my pearl land outcrop and I met him out there. After picking up all the teeth he missed, we moved to a different spot for pyrite and sept nodules. We smashed a few open, and deciding that I didnt want to carry the 40 pound rock to the car, we headed to spot 3. The sun was our enemy, as it was shining at that angle where it was casting a bad shadow on everything. We managed about 10 or so Ptychodus at this site. The best part about this site was the scorpion that showed up. As I was trying to catch him, he crawled right over a tooth I had missed :rolleyes: . On the way out I hear Owen say, "come look at this, you may be upset..." He found, what resembles a Pearl! It could be a pyrite ball, BUT looks very close to one. He is gonna take it home and put it under the magnifer to double and triple check!

The two teeth are neat. They almost look too round to be fish. I'll wait for an ID. OH, I almost forgot, the ammonite is the first I have ever found in Eagle Ford. On the back side of this piece, theres another in the matrix. Gonna have to go at it with the scribe.

Thanks for looking

Justin

post-221-1249945029_thumb.jpg

post-221-1249945050_thumb.jpg

post-221-1249945066_thumb.jpg

post-221-1249945080_thumb.jpg

post-221-1249945105_thumb.jpg

post-221-1249945135_thumb.jpg

Really good of you to leave that pearl to be found by Oh Man; you're a prince among men!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Those teeth are unusual looking! I don't think I have ever

seen an ammonite in that formation either..

Welcome to the forum!

you have some good days in the field. one of my most favoritist ammonites came out of a concretion in the eagle ford west of big D.

oh, why can't they invent a teleporter so that i can be where i want to be whenever i want to be!

i'll trade ya'll the coast for the hill country and/or north texas? wait, should i have posted this in the member trades and sales section? nahhhhh, nobody else uses it!

whut? <looking extraordinarily angelic>

good stuff, maynard!

Oh man comes to town every once in a while, and I try to get out with him at least once. He stopped at my pearl land outcrop and I met him out there. After picking up all the teeth he missed, we moved to a different spot for pyrite and sept nodules. We smashed a few open, and deciding that I didnt want to carry the 40 pound rock to the car, we headed to spot 3. The sun was our enemy, as it was shining at that angle where it was casting a bad shadow on everything. We managed about 10 or so Ptychodus at this site. The best part about this site was the scorpion that showed up. As I was trying to catch him, he crawled right over a tooth I had missed :rolleyes: . On the way out I hear Owen say, "come look at this, you may be upset..." He found, what resembles a Pearl! It could be a pyrite ball, BUT looks very close to one. He is gonna take it home and put it under the magnifer to double and triple check!

The two teeth are neat. They almost look too round to be fish. I'll wait for an ID. OH, I almost forgot, the ammonite is the first I have ever found in Eagle Ford. On the back side of this piece, theres another in the matrix. Gonna have to go at it with the scribe.

Thanks for looking

Justin

That is really cool. I am not so sure about the scorpion. Aren't they supposed to kill you or make you really sick? Nice finds though.

Nice finds Jax. (and Owen) :) It was freakin' hot today! I thought I was gonna have a heat stroke. Don't forget to let me know when you go to E. Texas.

Nice finds Jax. (and Owen) :) It was freakin' hot today! I thought I was gonna have a heat stroke. Don't forget to let me know when you go to E. Texas.

That is the nicest part of diving for fossils. The warmer it is out the better the water feels.

That is the nicest part of diving for fossils. The warmer it is out the better the water feels.

Best of all: no scorpions! (Sharks ate 'em all).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

That is really cool. I am not so sure about the scorpion. Aren't they supposed to kill you or make you really sick? Nice finds though.

scorpion venom does weird stuff sometimes. seems a lot weirder than say, a bee sting. but for the most part, i think most of the ones not found out in the desert are not that bad usually. some of the desert ones will kinda make you DRT (dead right there).

but i don't think someone should keep any ty cobbus teeth that have been walked over by a scorpion. those teeth can only be salvaged by mailing them southeast to a random fossil fan.

do you know any fossil fan more random than me?

Tracer, you are almost too much sometimes!!

Sorry, all the Ptychodus will be heading SE with Owen. He might share with ya, but dont count on it. I only kept the white one.

Roz, the smaller of the teeth almost looks reptile. It has lines on it that resemble reptile to me.

Auspex, now we dont know for sure it is a pearl, but it was hard to sit there in the field, no one in site, and not smack him in the head and run with it.... For now, we are calling it pyrite pearl.

Megateeth, that little guy wouldnt hurt ya! I have been stung by them in this quarry i hunt, and they are like a bee sting. I only brought that one home to show my son, who loves bugs!

Travis, as for now i should be down there mid next month. But the way things are going with work, it might be pushed. I'll keep u posted.

Owen wont be posting for while, as he is on a 3 day hunting adventure. Right now he is knee deep in water sifting with barry (poc). Tomorrow holds a new adventure! Stay tuned!

˙ɾʇ ɹood ˙op ı sɐ ǝɯ ɥʇıʍ ǝɯıʇ ɥɔnɯ sɐ puǝds oʇ ƃuıʌɐɥ ǝuıƃɐɯı ˙ʇoן ɐ ʇɐɥʇ ʇǝƃ ı 'ɥɐǝʎ ¿ɥnɥ 'sǝɯıʇǝɯos ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʇsoɯןɐ ɯ,ı ʞuıɥʇ noʎ 'oooos

˙ɾʇ ɹood ˙op ı sɐ ǝɯ ɥʇıʍ ǝɯıʇ ɥɔnɯ sɐ puǝds oʇ ƃuıʌɐɥ ǝuıƃɐɯı ˙ʇoן ɐ ʇɐɥʇ ʇǝƃ ı 'ɥɐǝʎ ¿ɥnɥ 'sǝɯıʇǝɯos ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʇsoɯןɐ ɯ,ı ʞuıɥʇ noʎ 'oooos

Poor u is right!

Come on up to the north, and we'll take ya thru the kamp, and see what you can find!

Those teeth are unusual looking! I don't think I have ever

seen an ammonite in that formation either..

Roz, you may not have seen one from that formation, but you have from a similar formation. Only yours are covered in pyrite. ;)

Justin, check out Prionocyclus sp. on your ammonite. Nice finds.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Roz, you may not have seen one from that formation, but you have from a similar formation. Only yours are covered in pyrite. ;)

Justin, check out Prionocyclus sp. on your ammonite. Nice finds.

Thanks John, I knew you would have some good knowledge about it. What do you think about the teeth?

Nice ammonite. Be gentle with it. I called Oh-Man today, but I guess he was too busy picking up pyrite pearls and scorpions. :P Watch out, he's good at finding snakes, too. He better bring me some POC gravel back!

Not sure about the teeth. :D

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Nice Bark Scorpion,bites kinda like a bee sting in comparison.Trust me I know ;) I just got through with Oh-Man, and we are stuffed to the gills! Ever been to Bone Daddy's???Owen found a very nice Whipplei,his biggest yet!

Tracer, you are almost too much sometimes!!

Sorry, all the Ptychodus will be heading SE with Owen. He might share with ya, but dont count on it. I only kept the white one.

Roz, the smaller of the teeth almost looks reptile. It has lines on it that resemble reptile to me.

Auspex, now we dont know for sure it is a pearl, but it was hard to sit there in the field, no one in site, and not smack him in the head and run with it.... For now, we are calling it pyrite pearl.

Megateeth, that little guy wouldnt hurt ya! I have been stung by them in this quarry i hunt, and they are like a bee sting. I only brought that one home to show my son, who loves bugs!

Travis, as for now i should be down there mid next month. But the way things are going with work, it might be pushed. I'll keep u posted.

Owen wont be posting for while, as he is on a 3 day hunting adventure. Right now he is knee deep in water sifting with barry (poc). Tomorrow holds a new adventure! Stay tuned!

Great to see you this week - thanks for coming down to hunt!

I'm back in Houston, but my wife still has the camera!

In the meantime post a pic of that big pyrite chunk!

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"