What fossils are these?

indominus rex

I recently purchased a pile of Moroccon fossils. But I can't recognize some of them, so it would be great if you guys could help me with the ID.

This first one is a sphere shaped object that I can't recognize at all.

image.jpeg

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

This second one I can't recognize either. @Tidgy's Dad and @Troodon will most likely be able to tell what it is.

image.jpeg

This third one is either Abelisaurid or Dromaeosaurid. But could it be a young Carch? I am not sure.

image.jpeg

I believe this is a fish tooth, it is hollow inside. But could it be a Pterosaur tooth? I am not sure.

image.jpeg

This one is either a crocodile tooth or a juvenile spinosaur, but I can't tell which one.

image.jpeg

And this last one seems to me like a Globidens tooth, but there is a chance it could be something else.

image.jpeg

11 minutes ago, indominus rex said:

This second one I can't recognize either. @Tidgy's Dad and @Troodon will most likely be able to tell what it is.

image.jpeg

This is from Peyeria libyca, a type of sawfish.

9 minutes ago, indominus rex said:

This third one is either Abelisaurid or Dromaeosaurid. But could it be a young Carch? I am not sure.

image.jpeg

I'd say Abelisaurid. The carinae are quite visible on both edges. And it's not very recurved.

6 minutes ago, indominus rex said:

This one is either a crocodile tooth or a juvenile spinosaur, but I can't tell which one.

image.jpeg

Looks like croc to me, the carinae seem pretty pronounced.

5 minutes ago, indominus rex said:

And this last one seems to me like a Globidens tooth, but there is a chance it could be something else.

image.jpeg

There shouldn't be any mosasaurs in the Kem Kem beds as far as I know. If it's quite fat it might be croc.

• I found this Informative 6

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

28 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

I'd say Abelisaurid. The carinae are quite visible on both edges. And it's not very recurved.

Looks like croc to me, the carinae seem pretty pronounced.

There shouldn't be any mosasaurs in the Kem Kem beds as far as I know. If it's quite fat it might be croc.

Thanks for giving me all the info. Also could it be a Hamadasuchus tooth? It seems as fat as one even though it is a bit worn.

31 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

I agree with Peyeria libyca, but isn't it a kind of ray? I heard they are stil not 100% sure.

7 minutes ago, gigantoraptor said:

I agree with Peyeria libyca, but isn't it a kind of ray? I heard they are stil not 100% sure.

I'm not that familiar with this animal but when I looked it up it seems to be classified as a sawfish.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

43 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

I'm not that familiar with this animal but when I looked it up it seems to be classified as a sawfish.

Peyeria was also found in Egypt, where they were described in 1935 by Weiler as rostral teeth of a sawfish. They are now considered to be dermal denticles of rays /sawfishes with the possibility of Onchopristis.

• I found this Informative 2

Nice acquisitions! :)

I agree with what has been said by the others.

1. Coprolite

2. The 'sawfish' Peyeria libyca. 

3. Abelisaurid.

4. I think the bony fish Aidachar sp.

5. Crocodile.

6. Crocodile.

A nice selection. 

• I found this Informative 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

7 hours ago, gigantoraptor said:
8 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

Peyeria was also found in Egypt, where they were described in 1935 by Weiler as rostral teeth of a sawfish. They are now considered to be dermal denticles of rays /sawfishes with the possibility of Onchopristis.

" We concur with the interpretation that specimens previously identified as rostral spines of Peyeria are actually enlarged thorn-like dermal denticles of a sclerorhynchid.  "

P. C. Sternes & K. Shimada. 2018. Paleobiology of the Late Cretaceous sclerorhynchid sawfish, Ischyrhiza mira (Elasmobranchii: Rajiformes), from North America based on new anatomical data. Historical Biology.

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library