Turquoise Collection

fig rocks

Here's a few of my turquoise creations! All of my turquoise is "old stock", purchased from Quartzsite back in the 60's. It's all from southwest US mines and some of them are no longer in production. All the beads and cabs are freeform and were cut, polished, and drilled by my husband. :wub:

post-1761-1250104867_thumb.jpgFrog on a Leaf: Freeform cab, hammered copper, sterling silver & copper wire

post-1761-1250105058_thumb.jpgFrog on a leaf2: Freeform cab, hammered copper, amber, & copper wire

post-1761-1250105256_thumb.jpgNanuktuk: Eskimo inspired freeform cabs and sterling silver chain

post-1761-1250105421_thumb.jpgAnother Eskimo inspired freeform cab and sterling silver chain

post-1761-1250105577_thumb.jpgAn ammonite with turquoise and copper wire

post-1761-1250105725_thumb.jpgCompendium: A mix of hand polished & drilled nuggets from different mines

post-1761-1250105954_thumb.jpgAtacama: A copper basket weave cross & choker with freeform cab

post-1761-1250106179_thumb.jpgCrocheted silver with turquoise & freshwater pearls

post-1761-1250106382_thumb.jpgCrocheted silver & turquoise

post-1761-1250106505_thumb.jpgCrocheted silver & turquoise with a silver leaf

post-1761-1250106667_thumb.jpgCrocheted silver, turquoise, & red coral

post-1761-1250107017_thumb.jpgAthena: Turquoise nuggets & Thai Hill Silver

post-1761-1250107281_thumb.jpgFreeform cab, sterling silver, & viking weave chain

post-1761-1250107242_thumb.jpgChili pepper: Freeform nugget wrapped with sterling silver wire

post-1761-1250107514_thumb.jpgpost-1761-1250107532_thumb.jpgCabs from the famous Lavender pit of the Bisbee mine that closed in the 70's :drool:

You killing me Fig you know I love Turquoise. I still have a few piece of Bisbee left it sales by the gram now not by the pound like when I got mine.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Beautiful Fig, You bring at touch of elegance to this forum! I would love to learn how to wire wrap.I have a large Ptychodus that I would like to make a necklace out of.

post-417-1250110454_thumb.jpg

You killing me Fig you know I love Turquoise. I still have a few piece of Bisbee left it sales by the gram now not by the pound like when I got mine.
You're very blessed down there Seldom, I sell my Bisbee by the carat! :)

Beautiful Fig, You bring at touch of elegance to this forum! I would love to learn how to wire wrap.I have a large Ptychodus that I would like to make a necklace out of.

post-417-1250110454_thumb.jpg

Snakekeeper, if you send me that Ptychodus I'd love to wrap it for you and I'd give you a deal too! :)

You're very blessed down there Seldom, I sell my Bisbee by the carat! :)

Hey it might be by the carat here now I am not selling mine and have not tried to buy any in some years

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Oh my...

Your "Crocheted silver with turquoise & freshwater pearls" is a celebration of nature and life.

Wonderful!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Fig..... Yes simply stunning..... keep posting your work.... I never get tired of trying to decide my favourate...In this case I like Nanuktuk & Athena.... ;)

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Love your creations. :wub: You are truly an Artist.

Be true to the reality you create.

Really nice work! I'm just not sure how that would fit into my look. Maybe I should get another girlfriend? ;)

Really nice work! I'm just not sure how that would fit into my look. Maybe I should get another girlfriend? ;)
Thanks for all the compliments guys, it's a labour of love! :wub:

Travis, I make mens' necklaces too, I just can't get any pics of them because they get snatched up as soon as I finish them! (They're usually spoken for before I'm half done) :P

Nice one Fig Rocks...!!! They look stunning... :wub:

Honest, I'm not jealous... lol

"We try not to use the word insane, we prefer the term mentally hilarious... "

Snakekeeper, if you send me that Ptychodus I'd love to wrap it for you and I'd give you a deal too! :)

Done! We can iron out the details in the coming week.

thanks

Wow you do beautiful work!!!! I'm very amazed with the craftsmanship--those must take you a long time to complete, but worth it! :drool: