Poc Finds

makoken

After seeing the monster tooth I thought I'd use a penny for reference for my finds. That wat they'll look a little bigger. I did find my first Ptychodus Decurrens tooth. I hope that's the right ID Also a badly worn ray plate and barb.

post-1010-1250129828_thumb.jpg

post-1010-1250129935_thumb.jpg

I found a much smaller decurrens there this week, too.

And a larger whipplei :D

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

I found a much smaller decurrens there this week, too.

And a larger whipplei :D

When you get back to that camera post some pics. Sounds like I just missed ya up here?

Ken,that's a great tooth for POC! It's nice to see different Ptychodus sp. coming out of there.

I'll see you tomorrow!

Ken,that's a great tooth for POC! It's nice to see different Ptychodus sp. coming out of there.

I'll see you tomorrow!

Thanks, not as nice as that shark tooth. But my first Decurrens. I' ll be there around seven.

hey makoken

that is a killer ptychodus tooth. I love to see different species come out of there. But i was wondering from you and anyone else who has found different species down there, do you sift for them or surface hunt? Cause i have only found one mortoni. Thanks for your time and effort.

fossil man

hey makoken

that is a killer ptychodus tooth. I love to see different species come out of there. But i was wondering from you and anyone else who has found different species down there, do you sift for them or surface hunt? Cause i have only found one mortoni. Thanks for your time and effort.

fossil man

I mostley crawl. Do you think mine is a mortoni? I am new to the Ptychodus sp.