3 Baked Echies And A Clam Mold

tracer

i'm bored. always. even when i'm jogging, i'm bored. but i'm never jogging. are you bored yet? oops.

so anyway - it get all freaking hot in texas, and some places things are dry, and stuff just lays around baking in the sun and acquiring character. and so, i present to you, from the glen rose formation of the texas hill country, 3 baked echies and a clam mold!!!!! let's all give them a big hand <clapping furiously, causing a tiny bit of booty wiggle as if he's going to snoopy dance, but he isn't>

post-488-1250165800_thumb.jpg

post-488-1250165812_thumb.jpg

post-488-1250165824_thumb.jpg

post-488-1250165843_thumb.jpg

please note that i was going to state the exact genus and specie of each of the above vertebrates, but i have noted of late that a particular person whose initials are probably not ii jumps on all my misidentifications like a goose on a july bug, so i'll just say that i'm relatively sure none of the stuff above is bison material. i will, however, note that the "clam mold" (i would say "arctica steinkern", but again, i can't risk it), is the finest example of perfectly molded bivalvianesqueness that ever made the play-doh people swoon (just kidding play-doh people, love your stuff!). that bivalve has knife-edge perfection in its seams. its detail is so fine that i found out a bunch of things from looking at it that i'd never known about those things before. like did you know that those bivalves have little "tramp stamp" tattoos on their lower backs? yep. you heard it here first, folks.

and i should have posted this in the member trades and sales section, but for anybody who's in the area of the northwest gulf of mexico, you can come by and for ten bucks i'll let you touch my clam mold.

[this offer not valid in any state where prohibited by law or common sense. all forum rules apply. no returns or exchanges. offeror reserves the right to restrict and/or limit access to said clam mold without prior notice to anyone, regardless of how far they have driven or how arbitrary the access restriction appears.]

"3 Baked Echies And A Clam Mold"

You make it sound like a cooking show tracer! :D That might be a good name for a new series? :blink: Anyway for it being so hot down there those are pretty "cool" fossils. :P

You going to turn those things over? They look done on that side.

regards,

"not ii"

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Are they done yet? Serve 'em up!

Looks like a good place. I find all of the things in the background very interesting.

"3 Baked Echies And A Clam Mold"

Is that from an early draft of the script from The Blues Brothers?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

It's been so hot & dry we didn't even get any of those meteor showers in Austin Tuesday night!

That last one looks like a stew with two kinds of clam, Orbitulina, Globularis and a sea urchin. A fine blend of flavors...

And that really is one mighty fine clam steinkern for sure.

There is no such thing as a bad fossil urchin!

not true. this one was bad. otherwise, why was he hiding in the weeds?

post-488-1250209828_thumb.jpg

and what about this one? what's he hiding from?

post-488-1250209920_thumb.jpg

Hee hee! That actually made me laugh out loud, fo' real!! Okay so there's good bad, and bad bad.

Hey Tracer--what regular urchin is that? I am not sure why, but every time I see a pic like that, I just want to go get that little guy!!!!

"dang! that file's too big! oh well..."

Could be...I think I saw some DNA. :unsure:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ