Gold!

jax

Fooled ya! Just fools gold, but lots of it. This was from the other day when Oh Man showed me a spot that produces large hunks of Pyrite. It was HOT this day, and we walked a long way from the car. My bucket quickly got real heavy, and I got more and more selective with what I picked up. It was neat to chip large pieces out of the limestone. This is just a few of my larger pieces. The largest being 3-5 pounds. 4x4 inches. There was only a little bit of the top showing, and I had to dig it up. I was shocked at the size of the cubes of pyrite formed at this location. If you want to see more, just let me know. I havent cleaned most of the pieces up yet,

justin

post-221-1250195561_thumb.jpg

post-221-1250195608_thumb.jpg

post-221-1250195635_thumb.jpg

post-221-1250195662_thumb.jpg

post-221-1250195678_thumb.jpg

post-221-1250195703_thumb.jpg

post-221-1250195737_thumb.jpg

post-221-1250195750_thumb.jpg

Fooled ya! Just fools gold, but lots of it. This was from the other day when Oh Man showed me a spot that produces large hunks of Pyrite. It was HOT this day, and we walked a long way from the car. My bucket quickly got real heavy, and I got more and more selective with what I picked up. It was neat to chip large pieces out of the limestone. This is just a few of my larger pieces. The largest being 3-5 pounds. 4x4 inches. There was only a little bit of the top showing, and I had to dig it up. I was shocked at the size of the cubes of pyrite formed at this location. If you want to see more, just let me know. I havent cleaned most of the pieces up yet,

justin

Neat! #3 on the bottom row looks like the Iron Pyrite Rosette in my album.

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Nice finds !

We have several from the TXI plant in Midlothian , they were just spread out over the ground there .

Hunting fossils is fun , but discovering is better !

Really neat, but if it's fool's gold, tracer's gonna want them back!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!