Close To Home

sharkdentist

Hey guys its been awhile since my last post due to my wife being in the Hosp due to some trouble with our pregnancy. So I missed the annual dive trip to the edisto river this year with Svillej, ozzyrules, aeromike, but things have a way of turning the table on the way home from the Hosp , I stopped at a gas station and had a conversation with a guy who dives the edisto river here in South Carolina also small world being we are 3 hours away from the river. This guy tells me he does not care about the fossils just the relics he pulls from the river and he would be happy to give me the teeth he had. The following night he came by my house and gave me a 4.068 inch angustiden, 3/34 inch angustiden, a cuda jaw with teeth, and a couple of 2 inch angustiden the two big teeth were missing the tips and the 4.068 inch angy would have been around 4 3/4. The guy also tells me he hunts arrow heads on his property and asked me to stop by the next day when I left the Hosp. I ended up with two shamers a drill point and a nice point by the end of the day. Not a bad way to get out close to my home only 5 min away. I would also like to thank svillej who gave me the tooth with the scrimshaw work on it the " Shark Dentist " for my birthday today thanks Jim.

post-1253-1250215108_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1250215118_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1250215126_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1250215134_thumb.jpg

post-1253-1250215145_thumb.jpg

What a tale of camaraderie;couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Belated Happy Birthday!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I knew hewas going to give you that tooth, it looks really nice! Tell that guy I have some relics I would trade for some teeth! LOL

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Hey guys its been awhile since my last post due to my wife being in the Hosp due to some trouble with our pregnancy. So I missed the annual dive trip to the edisto river this year with Svillej, ozzyrules, aeromike, but things have a way of turning the table on the way home from the Hosp , I stopped at a gas station and had a conversation with a guy who dives the edisto river here in South Carolina also small world being we are 3 hours away from the river. This guy tells me he does not care about the fossils just the relics he pulls from the river and he would be happy to give me the teeth he had. The following night he came by my house and gave me a 4.068 inch angustiden, 3/34 inch angustiden, a cuda jaw with teeth, and a couple of 2 inch angustiden the two big teeth were missing the tips and the 4.068 inch angy would have been around 4 3/4. The guy also tells me he hunts arrow heads on his property and asked me to stop by the next day when I left the Hosp. I ended up with two shamers a drill point and a nice point by the end of the day. Not a bad way to get out close to my home only 5 min away. I would also like to thank svillej who gave me the tooth with the scrimshaw work on it the " Shark Dentist " for my birthday today thanks Jim.

I knew you would like the Shardentist tooth, but when you opened it and were speechless, I was convinced. Happy Birthday again.