Possible raptor bone?

Hello,  This bone was given to me about four years ago.  At the time my friend told me it was a raptor bone, probably cretaceous, probably from Morocco but not sure.  I'll be honest and say that for some time I've had an idea that this was recent bone material but out of respect for my friend I've kept this on my display shelf......but with a question mark.  Cleaning my shelf yesterday and the bone fell and broke.  Always looking at the bright side I decided to get some pics of the inside.  The bone does appear to be fully mineralized as there is very little if any bone/cell structure visible.  Lots of sand visible inside.  One interesting note is there seems to be a possible vein visible that clearly connects to another open vessel on the other side.  Now the big question...is it really fossilized raptor bone?  Thank you for any and all help. :trex:

IMG_2048.JPG

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_2050.JPG

IMG_2045.JPG

IMG_2046.JPG

IMG_2038.JPG

IMG_2039.JPG

IMG_2040.JPG

IMG_2037.JPG

IMG_2043.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

If its a smooth hollow bone without fibers in it could be possibly be from a theropod.   There are no raptors described from this region although there is some evidence to suggest Dromaeosaurid's might have be present.  Looks Moroccan with color of the sand and their repairs at the ends .  Try removing the sand from the inside

• I found this Informative 2

Looks like it came from a hand or foot. And I agree with Troodon, could be theropod. But I would say it's very likely that Dromaeosaurids are present in the Kem Kem beds (either that or some pretty large birds). but I don't think this is Dromaeosaurid/raptor. I think it's not slender enough.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Thank you gentlemen.  I was able to get most of the sand out of both ends, a bit more out of the shorter end.  Definitely hollow, smooth, and with no fibers visible/present.  I did some digging through my journal and found some notes regarding this bone.  Djadochta Formation, Gobi Desert, 84 million years.  I wrote raptor with a question mark, my buddy crossed out the punctuation and underlined raptor - definitely a head strong dude!  :) :trex:

The Kem Kem is full of unknowns with tons of discoveries still in front of us.  Who knows what the future will uncover so anything is possible in this region.

On 01/05/2018 at 2:21 PM, Arizona Rex said:

I did some digging through my journal and found some notes regarding this bone.  Djadochta Formation, Gobi Desert, 84 million years...

Gobi desert? Definitely not from Djadochta Formation! This is a typical bone of the Kem Kem Beds in Morocco! And I strongly believe that this is the case. Bones of Dromaeosaurids and birds are very similar, and by all accounts, by the rumors, both Dromaeosaurids, as well as birds are present in Kem Kem Beds. In the future, new discoveries will come, and for now, all is speculation.

Note: I agree with your friend. Could be Dromaeosaurid/raptor!

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

I agree... Kem Kem, not Mongolia.  Djadochta Fm sand is red and red only, and bones are white and white only.