Carboniferous Flora From North Euramerica Continent 2

docdutronc

With your permission, Bruno, I would like to add this post for all who follow this topic (which I hope will run for years!).

During the Carboniferous, Europe and N. America were conjoined as the northern supercontinent "Pangea", which straddled the equator. The following link is to a site showing the arrangement of the land masses at that time; one look and you will see why Europe and N. America share the same fossils from this time.

http://www.paleoportal.org/media/boilerpla...ap_12_image.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Congradulations, those specimens are fantastic. The detail is breath taking. I won't even tell you about the "marginal" specimens I've collected so far. I'm still paying my dues I guess.

Beautiful barks. :)

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Nice specimens! I thought I remember that there was an estimated 100+ different species of Lepidostrobus. Does that sound right? Regards, Chris

Those are beautiful, love all the detail that they have. It wouldn't do for me to live over there, I would have tile made out of some and do all my walls with them. Every time I see them I look at my walls and imagine them all over it. Thanks for sharing.

Those are beautiful, love all the detail that they have. It wouldn't do for me to live over there, I would have tile made out of some and do all my walls with them. Every time I see them I look at my walls and imagine them all over it. Thanks for sharing.

Momma ,you' re come back , I'm glad to see you here

best regards

bruno

Nice specimens! I thought I remember that there was an estimated 100+ different species of Lepidostrobus. Does that sound right? Regards, Chris

Hi Plantguy

100+ lepidostrobus ! ,personally I found 3 different STROBUS ,Lepidodendron BARKS , many described species, but surely

in my area with 20 TRUE species , many variations depending on their maturity and their position on trunk

best regards

bruno

Bruno, thanks for the confirmation. The diversity of those plants and your samples of them are equally amazing. Continued good hunting! Regards, Chris