Carboniferous Flora From North Euramerica Continent 4

docdutronc

You keep posting these wonderful Penn. Flora finds and you are going to find me at your doorstep one day soon begging to be taken to your sites. :faint:

Love your finds!! :wub: Keep posting them, by all means.

Bruno,

Not only are those beautiful specimens, your use of lighting is spectacular. I am thoroughly impressed. Are they all from France?

How big is the larger specimen in the first picture, it looks massive.

Thanks for sharing!

How big is the larger specimen in the first picture, it looks massive.

Thanks for sharing!

Hi Shesley and Nicholas they all come from northern france ,the size of the largest specimen is 30 x 25 cm

thank 's

Bruno

Shesley do you find Bothrodendron and Lepidophloios barks ,Have you already found sigillaires with ribs and without ribs .....

bothrodendron and bothrodendron leaves / lycopodites carbonaceus

Well; those are certainly different!

I have a long way to go...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hi Shesley and Nicholas they all come from northern france ,the size of the largest specimen is 30 x 25 cm

thank 's

Bruno

Shesley do you find Bothrodendron and Lepidophloios barks ,Have you already found sigillaires with ribs and without ribs .....

I've found a few Bothrodendron and Lepidophoios however most have been in sandstone with poor preservations.

Hi Bruno, thanks for the great bark photos. I stare at my 3 "pony tail palms" (Beaucarnea recurvata) on my back patio and try to imagine them as a much larger Sigillaria standing 20-30 m (60-100+ft) tall with only a couple branches to speak of with those long thin leaves that were 1 m long and a cm wide. What a wonderfully strange plant the Sigillaria was! Regards, Chris

Hi Bruno, thanks for the great bark photos. I stare at my 3 "pony tail palms" (Beaucarnea recurvata) on my back patio and try to imagine them as a much larger Sigillaria standing 20-30 m (60-100+ft) tall with only a couple branches to speak of with those long thin leaves that were 1 m long and a cm wide. What a wonderfully strange plant the Sigillaria was! Regards, Chris

Hi Plantguy

yes it would be curious plants, with their straight trunk and bunches of leaves at the top, there are similarities with "pony tail palms" (Beaucarnea recurvata)

best regards

Bruno

Bruno....... Very Nice ! ;)

Are there many variations of Bothrodendron bark?

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)