Another Collecting Site In Ambridge Pa.

zoup

post-2013-1250862537_thumb.jpgpost-2013-1250862555_thumb.jpgpost-2013-1250862570_thumb.jpgpost-2013-1250862590_thumb.jpg

Hi All.

I found a collecting site on the east side of the river on Beaver rd. If you are going north on rt65 as you come into town turn right onto cross st. go to Beaver rd. and turn right about a 1/4 mile down that road you will see a high wall go to the end of the jersey barriers and park on the side of the road.

My friend Tom and I found some Coral and Shell fossils. There is alot of the stuff. I also found a Crinoid crown I think.

Im not sure about the crinoid crown if its not let me know. Thanks for looking Paul

Thanks for posting. I'll have to try and find it the next time I'm hunting in that area.

On a side note, a coworker of mine gave me this. She's from Washington PA. She said its from her property. She found others similar to this piece. Only got it to put in her fish tank. I have since changed jobs but can contact her if you'd be interested in checking it out. I have been meaning to go there but never got around to it.

post-2109-1250867224_thumb.jpg

post-2109-1250867234_thumb.jpg

post-2109-1250867241_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting. I'll have to try and find it the next time I'm hunting in that area.

On a side note, a coworker of mine gave me this. She's from Washington PA. She said its from her property. She found others similar to this piece. Only got it to put in her fish tank. I have since changed jobs but can contact her if you'd be interested in checking it out. I have been meaning to go there but never got around to it.

Hi Shensley.

Yes that woud be nice. I have been looking for places close to town. That is a nice specimen the shells look like some of the Spiriferids clan. Let me know what your friend thinks. Thanks for looking Paul

Hi Shensley.

Yes that woud be nice. I have been looking for places close to town. That is a nice specimen the shells look like some of the Spiriferids clan. Let me know what your friend thinks. Thanks for looking Paul

I'll give her a call from work this weekend then pm you with the details.

Stacie