Why More Autumn Leaves Are Red In America And Yellow In Europe: New Theory

Nicholas

ScienceDaily (Aug. 17, 2009) — Walking outdoors in the fall, the splendidly colorful leaves adorning the trees are a delight to the eye. In Europe these autumn leaves are mostly yellow, while the United States and East Asia boast lustrous red foliage. But why is it that there are such differences in autumnal hues around the world?

Find the article HERE!

I don't know about down east Nicholas but out west here we get a real mix of colours and I think it leans more towards yellow up here. :)

I don't know about down east Nicholas but out west here we get a real mix of colours and I think it leans more towards yellow up here. :)

Yeah, I think this information isn't correct. I posted it for discussion, we're more prone to have yellow here... especially the maples.

Yeah, I think this information isn't correct. I posted it for discussion, we're more prone to have yellow here... especially the maples.
Yes and I think more of the red trees here are not native to here. :blink:

We don't have fall here just summer and hot weather. Nicholas your the last person on the forum I though I say this to but hurricane Bill is headed your way take care.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

We don't have fall here just summer and hot weather.
Don't start Seldom, I don't want to hear about it! :D

Don't start Seldom, I don't want to hear about it! :D

Might get into the 90's today need to find a windbreaker. And good idea about boots might want to take a old broke in pair with you, and a camera lots of pic's please

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

We don't have fall here just summer and hot weather.
You know we don't have summer here Seldom, just a 3 month smorgasbord of spring and fall with a couple hot days thrown in for good measure. I'm thinking if we could combine the 2 locations we'd have it made! :P

We don't have fall here just summer and hot weather. Nicholas your the last person on the forum I though I say this to but hurricane Bill is headed your way take care.

All is well, I've been through many a hurricane over the years, my area doesn't usually start getting them until until late septermber or October... so this one is rather odd. I've taken the proper precautions. Thanks for the concern.

You know we don't have summer here Seldom, just a 3 month smorgasbord of spring and fall with a couple hot days thrown in for good measure. I'm thinking if we could combine the 2 locations we'd have it made! :P

I can handle the heat better then cold. When it gets into my joints I look like the tin man on the Wizard of Oz walking around.

We don't have spring or fall just summer Christmas summer. I want to live where its 72 all year and rains everyday next door to a liquor store and fossils grow on trees

I can handle the heat better then cold. When it gets into my joints I look like the tin man on the Wizard of Oz walking around.

We don't have spring or fall just summer Christmas summer. I want to live where its 72 all year and rains everyday next door to a liquor store and fossils grow on trees

72 would be nice the last few weeks have been in the high 90's with a humidex pushing it over into the 100's ... I hate heat. Especially since I work in a shop with no A/C...

That sounds like Alice in Wonderland. :wacko:

That sounds like Alice in Wonderland. :wacko:

AHA! Now we know who's painting our folliage red! :wub:

Be true to the reality you create.

In the south of Europe are yellow,red,brown,all mixed.... I think the same in the all parts of the world with the Autumn.

->>>>> :)<