Amphibians From Pfalz

Frank Menser

Just picked this up from Perner (the missing link monkey guy). This plate measures 17" x 14" ((Heavy)) and has three different species of Permian Amphibian on it, the largest measures 3.5". The pit closed in 1984 so this is a rare find.

post-1313-1251068024_thumb.jpgpost-1313-1251067956_thumb.jpg[attachmen

t=34195:Copy__3_...IMG_4719.JPG]post-1313-1251067871_thumb.jpg

post-1313-1251067910_thumb.jpg

Be true to the reality you create.

I am a huge fan of the Phalz stuff, and your new piece is a real droolio :drool:! Congrats!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Very nice

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

I do a fair amount of business with Perner as he has quality specimens in both mine and my wife's area of interest. Here's a couple of stars that she got also from closed German sites.

post-1313-1251121344_thumb.jpgpost-1313-1251121463_thumb.jpg

Those are just beautiful.....

Amazing detail too! Is that a bit of pyrite on them?

Welcome to the forum!

That is an amazing piece! One day I hope to add an amphibian to my collection :)

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

That is an amazing piece! One day I hope to add an amphibian to my collection :)

I do have a couple of small amphibs from the same locality. Perhaps we can trade ;)

I don't think that is pyrite but rather a bit of bounce back from the flash on my camera.

Really nice amphibians. I have only one permian Apateon pedestris.

"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of

intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

-Sir David Attenborough

I do have a couple of small amphibs from the same locality. Perhaps we can trade ;)

I don't think that is pyrite but rather a bit of bounce back from the flash on my camera.

Sounds good to me :D PM me with want you are interested and what you think the pieces might be worth if I don't have what you're looking for :) I remember you were into fish, but that might have changed.

I have St clair ferns, items from Clavert cliffs, Lee Creek, GMR, and some fossils from the closed westmoreland state park.

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Awesome.. I love mortality plates (sounds a bit morbid :rolleyes: ) I have a small single amphibian in my collection. I can't remember where it's from. I hope I didn't forget to write it down. Thanks for sharing.