Peat Burns

6 hours ago, Peat Burns said:

And the restored areas don't even show under UV light!  Would I be a viable businessman in Morocco, Adam? @Tidgy's Dad:)

I'm sure I could fix you up with a job down south without any problem. 

Your faking it CV is coming along very nicely.;)

Seriously, nice work. :) 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I think this came out great, Tony.   :wub:  :dinothumb:

Well done, sir. :)

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

9 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

You certainly did an excellent job with the restoration under the given circumstances! @Peat Burns

Thank you, Ludwigia.

6 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I'm sure I could fix you up with a job down south without any problem. 

Your faking it CV is coming along very nicely.;)

Seriously, nice work. :) 

Thanks, Adam.  :)

5 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

I think this came out great, Tony.   :wub:  :dinothumb:

Well done, sir. :)

Thank you, Tim. 

I am not entirely happy with the genal spines. I may make a few more modifications. 

• 1 month later...

Very nice job prepping this trilobite. My wife and I were at Paulding last week and managed to find two mostly complete Pseudodechenella. Unfortunately, one was only discovered after smacking the rock with a rock hammer so it is in pretty rough shape. The second one, in the picture below, is mostly complete. I have uncovered the tail since this picture was taken. Now that I am back home, we’ll see if I can clean it up some more. 

92244FD5-2C30-4BED-BC06-1A7A54555372.jpeg

Just now, ClearLake said:

Very nice job prepping this trilobite. My wife and I were at Paulding last week and managed to find two mostly complete Pseudodechenella. Unfortunately, one was only discovered after smacking the rock with a rock hammer so it is in pretty rough shape. The second one, in the picture below, is mostly complete. I have uncovered the tail since this picture was taken. Now that I am back home, we’ll see if I can clean it up some more. 

Wow! Congrats!  It takes a good and patient fossil hunter to find those.  Keep us posted on the prep!

Here is a more up to date picture.  Unfortunately, looks like the right side of the head is AWOl.  I had to put  a quick splash of PVA on the head as it was a little flaky.  Ill hit it with a little air abrasion and see if that cleans it up some more.  I'm sort of new to the whole prep thing so, it is a bit of trial and error for me.  Those are cm's on the scale so it would be almost 2 cm long if fully flat.

IMG_3323 (2).JPG

• I found this Informative 1