Fossil id please

Wrenchchik

I was hoping someone could tell me what the stick looking thing is.  Its apx an inch and a quarter.   It appears to have a smaller one to the left.  

20180716_101126.jpg

Do you by any chance know the age of the rock?  Or where you found it?  That would probably help someone to identify your find.

That being said, the shape of the objects in question kind of look like scaphopods (tusk shells) to me - can you by any chance see an opening at the narrow end of the specimens? 

• I found this Informative 2

Ellsworth county is green/cretatious.  I can not see an opening.    Is there a way to clean it up to see better thats safe for it?  Its got three ridges equally separated, not smooth like the scaphopods i looked up.  Would that matter?

Scaphopods often have ridges but they are longitudinal when they occur so this is something else. They also have openings at both ends. It looks like this is tapered but sometimes that is because the fossil will only be partly exposed. Can you remove any of the matrix for a better look?

• I found this Informative 1

Since the surrounding Turritella shells are all steinkerns, couldn't this be a tusk shell steinkern as well?

• I found this Informative 5

Dorensigbadges.JPG