Shark tooth associated?

It's been a dream of mine to acquire a bone bed from a single animal that has an associated tooth dropped from a scavenger (example would be like a block of hadrosaur bones with a dromaesaurid tooth stuck between them.) I think I might have found something like this on the favorite auction site. Instead of hadrosaur bones, we have mammal bones with an associated? Shark tooth. This brings me to the question: is this tooth from a shark that was feeding on the carcass? Or did a shark tooth just happen to land next to a dead animal? Locality = Bakersfield

IMG_1032.PNG

It's pretty common to find matrix blocks with multiple species on it from Bakersfield.   I don't believe any of these blocks are associated.  It's a giant graveyard that was deposited from some event.  If you can find a tooth embedded in a bone then you would have a real associated piece of two animals.

• I found this Informative 1

I agree with trod on.  Bakersfield us a bone bed of randomly deposited bones and teeth.  There are associated skeletons there, but you would need more than a few bits to call it such.

Both these gentlemen are very correct. The bone beds found in Bakersfield are a huge jumble of bones and teeth. The rarity here is to find associated parts.

You will find shark teeth mixed around with disassociated bones all the time here.

Dorensigbadges.JPG