Show us your Sphenacodontidae collection.

Bobby Rico

10 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Yeah they are very different to dinosaur claws quite wedged shaped. Where’s was it found? Nice claw congratulations. :dinothumb:

It's from the Ryan formation. Thanks:)

• I found this Informative 1

Nice thread, everybody, I can't contribute but there's a lot of interesting and beautiful stuff here. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

8 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Nice thread, everybody, I can't contribute but there's a lot of interesting and beautiful stuff here. :)

I very much agree! Sadly it's slowed down quite a bit...i guess everybody's run :shrug:out of sphenacodontidae

• I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Still_human said:

I very much agree! Sadly it's slowed down quite a bit...i guess everybody's run :shrug:out of sphenacodontidae

I think that's because nearly all material from these creatures on the open market comes from the USA, what makes it more expensive for interested European collectors and because ,as said before, not many people collect fossils from the animals.

5 hours ago, gigantoraptor said:

I think that's because nearly all material from these creatures on the open market comes from the USA, what makes it more expensive for interested European collectors and because ,as said before, not many people collect fossils from the animals.

I am one of he few European collectors who would love to own one! Ideally one 20mm or bigger. Hint hint 

On 10/16/2018 at 5:31 PM, paulyb135 said:

I am one of he few European collectors who would love to own one! Ideally one 20mm or bigger. Hint hint 

Do you mean the sphenacodontidae family in general, like edaphosaurus too, or specifically just dimetrodon? And are you just referring to teeth/claws, or any bones? Cause sail spines bigger than 20mm are not too hard to find. PM me, I might be able to help.

10 minutes ago, Still_human said:

Do you mean the sphenacodontidae family in general, like edaphosaurus too, or specifically just dimetrodon? And are you just referring to teeth/claws, or any bones? Cause sail spines bigger than 20mm are not too hard to find. PM me, I might be able to help.

Im just after a nice dimetrodon tooth. 20mm or ideally bigger although I know they’re rare!

i only collect teeth so if you can help please pm me!

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so excited! Ive got a Dimetrodons immaculate vert with full 17" unbroken spine coming!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, paulyb135 said:

A tooth you may recognise from this thread. Thanks @Dracorex_hogwartsia For the trade. It’s a beauty!

E34BC78E-7E00-47D6-A540-B6F91A97BD1F.jpeg

800DD485-5377-4BF5-8394-127791DF003F.jpeg

Very nice :wub: it is nice to see my thread is still popping up from time to time.

1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

Very nice :wub: it is nice to see my thread is still popping up from time to time.

Hopefully there’s more to come! I’m shocked this species isn’t that popular in the grand scheme of collecting 

27 minutes ago, paulyb135 said:

Hopefully there’s more to come! I’m shocked this species isn’t that popular in the grand scheme of collecting 

Me too my friend I hope to add to my collection someday but not easy obtained. Thank you and I just thought I would share this painting again. It is from a book my sister gave me when I was about 7 years old . This image is still one of my favourite paintings. By Zdeněk Burian and probably the reason I still really like these creatures.

74B33FD4-0998-44D0-906F-918DFE99E0DA.jpeg

• Enjoyed 2

• 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

@thelivingdead531 join the club when it arrives.

Thank you! It probably won’t be until late this month so I’ll try to remember.

• Enjoyed 1

• 3 years later...