Any Good Discoveries This Weekend?

fig rocks

With all the free time everyone's had I imagine there's been some cool discoveries this weekend? :)

With all the free time everyone's had I imagine there's been some cool discoveries this weekend? :)

Well Fig, I can at least give a report from North East Texas and say that member Danielp and I found very little.

We need some more rain to stir things up abit.We were hunting the North Sulphur River this Saturday and it was slim pickins :(

I have some Devonian shale which I found two days ago, loaded with brachiopods. Not sure what else is in there. I picked up some SERIOUS poison ivy going after the concretions that I posted two days ago, so I've been laying around the house. Good news: there's a product out now that actually removes the poison from your skin and stops the itching, etc. Not cheap, but well worth it. Cortaid Poison Ivy Care, costs 12 bucks for a 4 oz. tube. Guess that was my best find :P

I have some Devonian shale which I found two days ago, loaded with brachiopods. Not sure what else is in there. I picked up some SERIOUS poison ivy going after the concretions that I posted two days ago, so I've been laying around the house. Good news: there's a product out now that actually removes the poison from your skin and stops the itching, etc. Not cheap, but well worth it. Cortaid Poison Ivy Care, costs 12 bucks for a 4 oz. tube. Guess that was my best find :P

You'll have to post pics of your brachs! Judging from the name of that medicine and the price I'll bet it's cortasone based and that's what'll be getting rid of your itching. :)

there's a weed that grows in the swamps called jewellweed. it gets rid of poison ivy in 24 hrs. it has a pretty little orange flower, and a bluish-green stem. crush the stems, and rub it on your rash. it gets pretty tall. look for it.

there's a weed that grows in the swamps called jewellweed. it gets rid of poison ivy in 24 hrs. it has a pretty little orange flower, and a bluish-green stem. crush the stems, and rub it on your rash. it gets pretty tall. look for it.

I have heard of jewelweed but did not know it helped with poison ivy. Going to google it don't know if it grows in Texas.

Italian beer grandpa please AM. beer only its good for you it made Bud wiser

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

I have heard of jewelweed but did not know it helped with poison ivy. Going to google it don't know if it grows in Texas.

Italian beer grandpa please AM. beer only its good for you it made Bud wiser

I can tell you that it does work. I have not seen it anywhere in ths part of Texas. I would like to find a patch of it for future use.