Some Lepidodendron From Coal Mine

RomanK

Thank you Fig. Lepidodendron is my favourite species. My best finds are:

post-814-12517289690285_thumb.jpgpost-814-12517289925332_thumb.jpg

Roman, Very Nice lepidodendron/sigillaria. Love the exquisite details!Regards, Chris

Roman, Very Nice lepidodendron/sigillaria. Love the exquisite details!Regards, Chris

What formation and locale do they come from? Regards, Chris

Roman K, thanks for sharing your photos and the info. I sure miss being able to collect that type and age material. My grandparents were from Pennsylvania (North east U.S.) and my grandfather was a coal miner....Anthracite coal and the other plant material there came from the Pennsylvanian Llewellyn Formation and Pottsville group. I'm now many many miles away in Florida!! Best Regards, Chris

Roman K, thanks for sharing your photos and the info. I sure miss being able to collect that type and age material. My grandparents were from Pennsylvania (North east U.S.) and my grandfather was a coal miner....Anthracite coal and the other plant material there came from the Pennsylvanian Llewellyn Formation and Pottsville group. I'm now many many miles away in Florida!! Best Regards, Chris

Hi Chris, I'm still in the middle of the mines. In Carboniferous time the Pennsylvania and Donbass (East Ukraine) were very similar as for climate plants and coal location. Happy fossil hunting trips in Florida. Best regards, Roman.