BLT

I went back and looked at your hash plate again from a previous post. I have no doubt that those are Cryptolithus trilobite fragments. There is nothing about that hash plate that looks Mississippian to me.  This rock must have come from elsewhere. Too bad, as it would be nice to know where it actually came from! The rock in this post is hard to say, but could be a very weathered piece of the same, or maybe just something else.

Keep looking!

Crypto.jpg.ac9003db05f13af6a5f33776db44b1a5.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

"Don't force it, just use a bigger hammer"

6 minutes ago, Paciphacops said:

I went back and looked at your hash plate again from a previous post. I have no doubt that those are Cryptolithus trilobite fragments.

very impressive!  You have a keen eye.  :D

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

4 hours ago, Paciphacops said:

I went back and looked at your hash plate again from a previous post. I have no doubt that those are Cryptolithus trilobite fragments. There is nothing about that hash plate that looks Mississippian to me.  This rock must have come from elsewhere. Too bad, as it would be nice to know where it actually came from! The rock in this post is hard to say, but could be a very weathered piece of the same, or maybe just something else.

Keep looking!

Crypto.jpg.ac9003db05f13af6a5f33776db44b1a5.jpg

I appreciate your taking the time to view one of my previous posts! :) It IS frustrating not knowing where some of these rocks came from. It definitely makes learning to identify the fragments much harder. Lol. I am attaching a side view of this same rock. I have circled an area I’m curious about. Any thoughts on what it might be?

148AAFFF-BD86-4B8E-A9B8-89C5287497F9.jpeg

1A55C9AE-A817-42DF-8CDD-5F74201924D0.jpeg