Vote For Fotm Aug/09

Phoenixflood

Vote for FOTM Aug/09  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite find this month?

• Cretodus arcuatus (Frank Menser)
    • Goniophorus scotti echinoid (LanceHall)
    • 6.3 Meg tooth (Megateeth)
    • Fossil pearl (Jax)
    • Mammoth humerus (JohnJ)
    • Megachasma (Notorynchus)

Now it's time to vote for your favorite find of our members this month. Sorry about the confusion, but we will be making some new additions to the rules for next month. Please for next month select only the best fossil you found for that month. :)

With that said, have fun and vote :)

1.Cretodus arcuatus(Frank Menser)

Cretodus arcuatus Scuffleton NC.JPG

2. Goniophorus scotti echinoid (LanceHall)

2009_08_27_002_800.jpg

3. 6.3 Meg tooth (Megateeth)

631e.jpg

4. Fossil pearl (Jax)

Pearl2.jpg

5. Mammoth humerus (JohnJ)

100_5547.JPG

6. Megachasma (Notorynchus)

IMG_8932.JPG

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

There is not one fossil here that I don't covet; heck, I feel pretty smug just being this close to them B).

At first, I was wringing my hands because I wanted everyone to win; thinking about it, they already have :).

Well done! Mega kudos to all!!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

i'm kinda upset. i was outside walking to my car, and i was flipping a quarter to decide how to vote and it went down in a grate and i lost it. so now i'm out a quarter cause of ya'll!

<looking exasperated - obviously jealous because he didn't find anything cool, and still mad about being shorted three days as member of the month by being it in february>

i flipped another quarter and it landed on its edge and stayed that way. what do i do?

you know, i just realized that if john wins this, he could actually share a piece of his fossil with each of us and still keep quite a bit for himself. that would be the fair thing to do...

I just read the story behind the humerus at the blog where it was posted, and I must respectfully suggest that it be the no-brainer Obvious Winner, and perhaps the real competition should be which fossil found in August which is NOT a 1-in-a-million shot is the Fossil of the Month.

:P

i flipped another quarter and it landed on its edge and stayed that way. what do i do?

I think it means that you can read minds until it gets knocked over. See The Twilight Zone episode "A Penny For Your Thoughts" for reference. :wacko:

These are all fantastic fossils and I would love to have found any of them. Tough choice.

The mammoth humerus is great, but, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to fossils and my vote has to go for #3.

There's a Forum member in Hungary laughing at the little bone found in Texas. :blush:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Your right.... Such a difficult decision... ^_^ . I like all the entries equally, although the pearl intrigues me, to spot that and know what it is, fantastic... the tooth is WOW.... but the mammoth.... Very good find indeed.... I concur...Its a close race...

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

I done it Lance, I done it ! :D:D

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

In terms of votes-per-pound, the pearl is in the lead!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!