Digging Again In Ca!

FossilForKids

This is my first time back since the illness. It wasn't sharktooth hill but it had 3 things going for it:

*close to my house

*Plenty of fossils

*No Valley Fever!!!!

This is a largly clam location at a railroad cut. It is possible to get great pieces that will prep out to become great display pieces.

post-1292-12520699580745_thumb.jpg

post-1292-12520700007832_thumb.jpg

post-1292-12520700365397_thumb.jpg

If only my teeth are so prized a million years from now!

OOOPS :P Sorry about the sea lion. Here are a couple of more pictures. One is a concretion and the other is the actual wall. Besides if you need a gratuitous Sea Lion shot this one from my trip to Morro Bay is much better.

post-1292-12520705077426_thumb.jpg

post-1292-12520705371069_thumb.jpg

post-1292-1252070596625_thumb.jpg

Hey John

Glad you are feeling mutch better now.

It,s nice to go surch again after a long break because of a ilness.

I know the feeling :rolleyes:

greetings Cor

John

Cool best news all week.

Glad your out and about.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Yeah man, welcome back to the world of the living, you too Cor! If I'm back in SoCal on bidness this fall (distinct possibility) I'll holler at you ahead of time...and show up with quality TX fossils in hand.....

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

John

Cool best news all week.

Glad your out and about.

Thanks Seldom. Also I'll mail those books and kid stuff after the weekend.

John

Yeah man, welcome back to the world of the living, you too Cor! If I'm back in SoCal on bidness this fall (distinct possibility) I'll holler at you ahead of time...and show up with quality TX fossils in hand.....

Thanks Dan! Looking forward to when you come back. I'll try to find some new places in the mean time.

Thanks Seldom. Also I'll mail those books and kid stuff after the weekend.

John

No hurry John with school starting Thay all tied up getting into that.

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

OOOPS :P Sorry about the sea lion...

I thought that was a funny looking clam; couldn't make sense of it until I opened the pic :P

Good to hear you're on the hunt again!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hey John, nice to see you're back in action! You know, I'm sure that there isn't valley fever in Scotts Valley - you could try there.

Man, I haven't been to that Sunol locality since... high school; and man, that would be 8 years ago now. Jeez. Keep in mind that Desmostylus was first described from the Briones Limestone in Alameda County...

Bobby

This is my first time back since the illness. It wasn't sharktooth hill but it had 3 things going for it:

*close to my house

*Plenty of fossils

*No Valley Fever!!!!

This is a largly clam location at a railroad cut. It is possible to get great pieces that will prep out to become great display pieces.

Yeah, that's great. I'm glad you're back in action. What formation is that - what's the age?

Hey John, nice to see you're back in action! You know, I'm sure that there isn't valley fever in Scotts Valley - you could try there.

Man, I haven't been to that Sunol locality since... high school; and man, that would be 8 years ago now. Jeez. Keep in mind that Desmostylus was first described from the Briones Limestone in Alameda County...

Bobby

Bobby,

Yes, as I remember it, the site was around Mt. Diablo of all places. Also, maybe 20 years ago, a guy found a Desmostylus near Alum Rock Park. I got to see it just after he prepped it for a collector. It looked great - black tooth (darker than the Monocline Ridge teeth) and rather large sitting on a pedestal of matrix.

*close to my house

*Plenty of fossils

*No Valley Fever!!!!

That's great, it is always nice to be out hunting for fossils, especially ones that require less back breaking work compared to STH!

For how long are you planning to stay away from STH?