Decorticated Bark Exemples

RomanK

Short Saturday trip to the 'indusrial hips'.

post-814-12521565716497_thumb.jpg

Have found some decorticated tree barks.

post-814-12521566016115_thumb.jpgpost-814-12521566137093_thumb.jpgpost-814-12521566285459_thumb.jpg

Difficult to say what tipe of the tree after million years of decorcication plus high temperature action.

How high the temperature you can see on the following pic

post-814-12521568492351_thumb.jpg

Have found some decorticated tree barks.

post-814-12521566137093_thumb.jpg

I have never seen one quite like this; do you think it is some internal layer, perhaps subjected to some decomposition before fossilization?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I have never seen one quite like this; do you think it is some internal layer, perhaps subjected to some decomposition before fossilization?

I think in this case worked two influences decortication and burning. Such kind of specimen I've found before only at this place.

I think in this case worked two influences decortication and burning. Such kind of specimen I've found before only at this place.

Ah, perhaps some part of the 'bark' was carbonized, and then burned away? This would make sense if this piece is a cast.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Ah, perhaps some part of the 'bark' was carbonized, and then burned away? This would make sense if this piece is a cast.

Obviously yes, but I found 3 or 4 similar thing like that and possibly this is not a unique case.

As for burning, sometimes tip heat itself inside up to 1500 C degrees. (Look my last posts).

RomanK.... Nice finds.... the first photo of the spoil heaps, it just shows how quickly nature turns an industrial landscape into a beautiful place....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)