Sunday Morning Trip To Carboniferous

RomanK

Roman, any time you want to post more pictures of your town, I am a willing audience; I admit to being curious about the area in which you live. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Roman, any time you want to post more pictures of your town, I am a willing audience; I admit to being curious about the area in which you live. :)

Have you noticed Auspex? There seems to be spoil piles everywhere. :unsure:

Hi Auspex, do you think it's not good to post pictures of the city I live on the fossil forum?

More then 100. Big and small, grey, brown, red and green. :D

They wouldn't allow that over here Roman. Everything would have to be put back and replanted. :)

They wouldn't allow that over here Roman. Everything would have to be put back and replanted. :)

Fig, each spoil piles from 4 to 10 million cubic meters, it's huge amount of rocks. That was started more then 150 years ago. They aren't using the waste stowing technology, so we have new landscape element that need to be greened.

Hi Auspex, do you think it's not good to post pictures of the city I live on the fossil forum?

It is, of course, entirely up to you, but I would love to see more :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Great finds Roman! I agree with Auspex; post more pics of your region if you like. I'm always interested in learning more about areas outside of my region. That is what I love National Geographic Magazine so much. :)

Nice Calamites branch in the second row, middle pic. It looks like a Bamboo twig.

What are the round impressions on the far left of the rock in your first pic? Can you post a close up?

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Great finds Roman! I agree with Auspex; post more pics of your region if you like. I'm always interested in learning more about areas outside of my region. That is what I love National Geographic Magazine so much. :)

Nice Calamites branch in the second row, middle pic. It looks like a Bamboo twig.

What are the round impressions on the far left of the rock in your first pic? Can you post a close up?

Thanks Shamalama for your positive comments, I think they are cuts of the thin stems, possibly fern ones. I do not forget your ask about trading. Will do it soon.

Specially for you and Auspex Donetsk from one of the tip.

post-814-12528587901754_thumb.jpg

Thank you, Roman, for the post card of your city :)

So many trees, and the lake is lovely! Looking across to what I assume is the "downtown" reminds me of Atlanta, Georgia, here in the US, except with more trees (and coal tips).

Thank you, Roman, for the post card of your city :)

So many trees, and the lake is lovely! Looking across to what I assume is the "downtown" reminds me of Atlanta, Georgia, here in the US, except with more trees (and coal tips).

Hi Auspex, in 1970s Donetsk has won a Golden medal from UNESCO as the most greening industrial city in the world. It were 1 million roses in the city (1 per resident). Usually even in Ukraine people imagine Donetsk as a dirty and dusty industrial city with many mines and metallurgical plant. A lot of pipes and huge pollution. To brake such kind of imagination I posted some city 'post cards'. By the way one of the best modern stadium in Europe just opened in Donetsk in September! It's 'Donbass Arena'.

Roman, Great post card and what a beautiful city! It does a lot to change the image that western media has portrayed former Soviet cities as decaying and decrepit.

Take your time and find all you can before the weather gets too cold, we can trade in the winter. :)

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Roman, Great post card and what a beautiful city! It does a lot to change the image that western media has portrayed former Soviet cities as decaying and decrepit.

Take your time and find all you can before the weather gets too cold, we can trade in the winter. :)

OK, Dave.