A Different Type Of Pearl For Ya

jax

I stopped off at my Eagle Ford formation to take a few mins to hunt. It was hot when the sun was out, so I was working fast. I spotted this piece of shell, and didnt think much of it until I flipped it over and saw the lump on it. I then remembered an ebay auction that Roz sent me of a Blister pack Pearl. So its a Fossil blister pack pearl. Not really pretty, but hey, its a pearl! B) I got to smashing some rocks and saw just the edge of that Ptychodus showing, and was shocked at the size when I broke the matrix away from it. I didnt find much else, but it feels good to get out for a few mins at least!

post-221-12524681875175_thumb.jpg

post-221-12524682053859_thumb.jpg

post-221-12524682717717_thumb.jpg

post-221-12524682820647_thumb.jpg

Very nice finds! Last time I went to POC I found a blister pearl. It's the only pearl I have that I can positively ID. :)

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

post-423-12525091578545_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I stopped off at my Eagle Ford formation to take a few mins to hunt. It was hot when the sun was out, so I was working fast. I spotted this piece of shell, and didnt think much of it until I flipped it over and saw the lump on it. I then remembered an ebay auction that Roz sent me of a Blister pack Pearl. So its a Fossil blister pack pearl. Not really pretty, but hey, its a pearl! cool.gif I got to smashing some rocks and saw just the edge of that Ptychodus showing, and was shocked at the size when I broke the matrix away from it. I didnt find much else, but it feels good to get out for a few mins at least!

COOL STUFF - as always!!! biggrin.gif

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"