U Hoomans Just Don't Get It

tracer

hoomans from where?

aprently ya'll still don't know where yur from and how you got to where you are. plus looks like "news" takes 8 years to become news.

ya'll are so funy.

we cats know where we came from. tracer told us. paleo pet stores.

tc

This was a sensational discovery 7 or 8 years ago. A group of archaeologist was excavating a middle age village (12 century), when they hit the basement of an unknown building. It was destruyed. But under one of the walls, there was an old pit. Inside it, ashtonished archeologists excavate a particularly well preserved Sable tooth cat skull with 1.8 million years!. In a hurry, they called the nearest Paleontological museum, and the excavations began. At first, they concentrate on the hole and surroundings. INCREDIBLE! Under the feline skull, there was a very old human skull in their unaltered strata!

Since then, excavations have been done there, and at least 3 or 4 human skulls (among other parts) have been unearthed.

And what is more, an enourmous amound of non human fossils have been found, with very curious examples of mixture from far east fauna and european one (the only record on europe of an ostrich ; one of the last european jiraffes..., all of them embedded on a very fine volcanic ash.

I was as an assistant on the First International Pliocene Symposium and workshow held in Estepona in 2002, and one of the excavators, was talking about the importance of the site and the discoveries they made.

Here are some more pics and info:

WIKI

Another page

And perhaps, for me the better one, although it is a bit obsolete:

ALL DMANISI

Enjoy it! ;)

hoomans from where?

aprently ya'll still don't know where yur from and how you got to where you are. plus looks like "news" takes 8 years to become news.

ya'll are so funy.

we cats know where we came from. tracer told us. paleo pet stores.

tc

I wish discussions of evolution and such could take place without raised hackles. I have my own opinions on where life came from and how, and they would likely cause rage among at least some members of the forum were they to become known. Ergo, I stick to talking about stuff that I can get my hands on.

I DO know this: there's a whole bunch of stuff that we DON'T know.

I wish discussions of evolution and such could take place without raised hackles. I have my own opinions on where life came from and how, and they would likely cause rage among at least some members of the forum were they to become known. Ergo, I stick to talking about stuff that I can get my hands on.

I DO know this: there's a whole bunch of stuff that we DON'T know.

Well put Ron. :)