North Sulphur River Trip - Tooth, Artifact, Others

rcranch

On 10/27/2018 at 9:28 PM, rcranch said:

Not much in the fossil department but did find this! 

Sweet!

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

Wow, some really nice finds! I love the arrow point. Not too many areas for native artifacts like that in my neck of the woods. As to support on slippery shale and if you are serious about your footwear, you should consider Simms Rock Creek wading boot with felt soles. They will do the trick in the water on the rocks. Otherwise, another idea and I've used this frequently is to get yourself a telescoping paint pole. I have one that is 4 feet long but can extend to 8 feet. I've attached a paint roller with the roller wire knocked off, leaving me with a stiff hook on the end. I can now reach up the bank and pull at things that are out of my reach (which, believe me, is frequently). The pole is aluminum, sturdy and light. Sometimes I leave it along the bank to pick up on my way back if the need isn't there. Just another idea. Everyone else seems to have had good ideas. Regards, and continued good hunting.

• I found this Informative 1

17 hours ago, JustPlainPetrified said:

Otherwise, another idea and I've used this frequently is to get yourself a telescoping paint pole.

That is a good idea, I will look into that, thanks.