Holiday Field Trip

zoup

Hi group.

Here are a few photos of fossils that I found over this last holiday. I found these in an old stone quarry in the Alleghney national forest up by Mareinville Pa. There are different genus of Lepidodendron/bark and stems. I left most of the fossils at our camp,next time we go up I will take photos and post. Paul

post-2013-12526232698935_thumb.jpg

post-2013-12526233051037_thumb.jpg

post-2013-12526233680775_thumb.jpg

post-2013-12526233958235_thumb.jpg

Those are nice; better color contrast than what we find at our camp near Smethport.

Did you coat them with Krylon or something?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Them is snake fossils, right?

Hoo boy...

<tracer, your cat left the door open again!>

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Those are nice; better color contrast than what we find at our camp near Smethport.

Did you coat them with Krylon or something?

Hi Auspex do you think I should take the photos before I treat them.

Hi Auspex do you think I should take the photos before I treat them.

Maybe just adjust the lighting for the pictures, to eliminate the reflections.

Zoup, Look forward to seeing the next set of lepidodendron photos when you are able to get back there. Enjoyed seeing these that you did post. Thanks for sharing. Regards, Chris

Hi group.

Here are a few photos of fossils that I found over this last holiday. I found these in an old stone quarry in the Alleghney national forest up by Mareinville Pa. There are different genus of Lepidodendron/bark and stems. I left most of the fossils at our camp,next time we go up I will take photos and post. Paul

Hi Paul, very nice specimens. I like the third one. Is second 3D branch? I'm not sure the forth is lepidodendron, it seems to be kind of fern stem. Could you post a bigger size photo?