Where is Troodon (Frank)?

ynot

I dont know. I was about to make the same post! He was normally on every day but I haven't seen him in almost a month, maybe more.

• I found this Informative 1

On The Hunt For The Trophy Otodus!

Somebody received post from him, so he seems to be still okay. 

I and others have posted on his profile, but no response. 

It's very strange.

• I found this Informative 6

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Hope he's alright, wherever he is :mellow:

We miss you Frank

-Christian

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

Hibernating for the winter? 

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

We have proof that at least some dinosaurs were cold blooded, this one has hibernated:) I think I will as well Good night :zen:

5 hours ago, Pemphix said:

As far as i remember somewhere in the threads being said, that he's on field-trip...

A purdy long field trip.  Hope hes having fun.

RB

I have noticed his absence as well. Up to the point when he last posted on September 4th, his rate of posting was pretty regular and consistent until boom, nothing. From looking at his recent posts, I can’t find any indications that he was planning to be doing anything peculiar for the next 2+ months, but of course he could have just not told us. Wherever he is I hope he his well and able to come back soon!

I know this post is about Frank, but I think it is also appropriate to mention that @Fruitbat hasn’t logged on since, coincidently, September 4 and hasn’t posted since August 24. I talked to KimTexan about it over a month ago since she had occasionally fossil hunted with him and she said that she knew him to have some health problems but didn’t know much beyond that. Hope is doing well also. 

• I found this Informative 3

I also hope they both are well,and that they'll come back soon, they miss us.

• I found this Informative 2

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

I also have a thought about our californian friends who might be knowing very bad times.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

In memory of Doren

On 11/18/2018 at 8:17 AM, fifbrindacier said:

I also have a thought about our californian friends who might be knowing very bad times.

The fire in southern California is close to being fully contained, but lots of damage though.

The northern "Camp" fire is the worst in California's history. Close to 150, 000 acres burned so far,  an entire town consumed.  As of this morning, 79 confirmed dead, 700+ still missing or unaccounted for and it is less than 50% contained.

We are supposed to have heavy rains this week which will impede search efforts for the dead and likely cause landslides.

Not good!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

The fire in southern California is close to being fully contained, but lots of damage though.

The northern "Camp" fire is the worst in California's history. Close to 150, 000 acres burned so far,  an entire town consumed.  As of this morning, 79 confirmed dead, 700+ still missing or unaccounted for and it is less than 50% contained.

We are supposed to have heavy rains this week which will impede search efforts for the dead and likely cause landslides.

Not good!

700 missing !!!!!!! I really hope most of those missing persons are in the impossibility to join their freinds and family !!!!!! :pleurer::pleurer::pleurer::pleurer:

Heavy rain after such a drought and fire is not good at all !!!!!!! I hope that it will rain enough, at least, to extinguish that horrible and huge blaze !!!!!

In memory of Doren

I saw on his profile that last time he visited the Forum was 19th November - so he's still around

-Christian 

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

On 11/25/2018 at 5:31 AM, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

I saw on his profile that last time he visited the Forum was 19th November - so he's still around

-Christian 

Mysteriously lurking somewhere...

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Any word yet?

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Let’s respect his time away. He is a human being and not our ATM. He’ll contrbute on his own time and dime ;)

• I found this Informative 8

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I agree with Kane it must be hard for Frank when he is active on the forum, the amount he is called to posts. I think the concerns on this thread are that of freinds:) 

• I found this Informative 4

I think the majority of concern is just of his well being more than why he is not addressing dino questions. We just want to know he is OK.

Now since that has been established, we can go about our business and let the guy have some semblance of life away from the Forum. ;)

• I found this Informative 7

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

• 2 weeks later...